Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries Jobs in Uganda 2012
Job Title: SENIOR AGRICULTURAL INSPECTOR–VARIETY TESTING
AND CERTIFICATION (1 VACANCY) [Re-Advertised]
REF: HRM 46/70/02 Vol. III
SALARY SCALE: UGANDA GOVERNMENT SCALE U3
AGE: 25 YEARS AND ABOVE.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING EXPERIENCE:
Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor of Science Degree in Agriculture in Crop Protection or Seed Technology or Plant Pathology or Virology or Entomology or Weed Science from a recognized University/Institution.
Possession of a minimum of a Post Graduate Diploma in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
Applicants should have a minimum working experience of three (3) years relevant working experience gained at the level of Agricultural Inspector or Agricultural Officer in Government or equivalent experience from a reputable Organization.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Principal Agricultural Inspector (Phytosanitary and Quarantine) for performing the following duties:-
- Supervising phytosanitary Inspectorate, certification and issuance of Plant Import Permits.
- Supervising PRA process to establish pest of quarantine significance in Uganda (Surveillance/Monitoring of pests of quarantine importance).
- Ensuring functional linkages with National Institutions including NARO, MUK, UNBS, and NCST etc).
- Recommending plant nurseries for registration.
- Participating in public and private sector awareness campaigns.
- Participating in training of Photosanitary Inspectors.
- Carrying out preliminary and limited pests diagnosis.
- Ensuring treatment of plant/plant products for export/import.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
How to Apply:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacant posts. Applications should be submitted in triplicate on Public Service Form No. 3 (2008) to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 7080, Kampala to be received not later than Friday 13th April, 2012
The application forms are obtainable from the Public Service Commission Office, 2nd Floor, Farmers, House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala, Ministry/Department Headquarters and District Service Commission Offices. Hand written applications are also acceptable.
Applications should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy. Serving Officers will not be considered for Entry Level Posts in Scale U4, where applicable.
Applicants are free to apply for a maximum of two Posts.
Applicants should attach three sets of certified photocopies of their certificates and testimonials, plus three recent certified passport size photographs.
Those already in Government Service should route their applications through their Heads of Department who should be informed of the closing date to avoid delay. Serving officers may submit an advance a copy of the application directly to the Public Service Commission to enable the Commission to carry out preliminary work on the applications. Applicants who shall not hear from the Public Service Commission on completion of the selection exercise should consider themselves unsuccessful.
Deadline: 13th April 2012