AMREF Assistant Project Accountant Jobs in Lokichogio, Isiolo, Garissa, and Wajir Kenya
AMREF is seeking to fill the following position for the APHIAplus Northern Arid Lands Project funded by USAID.
The project supports integrated service delivery and addresses the social determinants of health.
The programmatic intervention areas for the project focus primarily on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria, Family Planning/Reproductive Health, MNCH, Nutrition, WASH, and a number of interventions related to the social determinants of health (household economic strengthening for specific target groups).
Position: Assistant Project Accountant
Reference Number: KCO/NAL/009/2012
The positions report to the Project Finance Manager and are based in Lokichogio, Isiolo, Garissa, and Wajir
Purpose of the Job: To provide management, financial and accounting support for the project in line with policies and procedures and donor grant agreements.
* Assist in preparation of proposal and operational budgets.
* Assist in treasury management and cash flow planning.
* Support Managers in budget implementation and monitoring.
* Ensure accurate coding of payment vouchers and files for data processing and/or payment.
* Reconcile all control and balance sheet accounts under own management and clear all reconciling items periodically.
* Prepare relevant invoices to various clients for payments and maintain debtors’ accounts.
* Reconcile suppliers’ statements against ledger statements monthly and liaise with the respective suppliers in a bid to clear any reconciling items.
* Ensure appropriate internal controls through adherence to the accounting policies and procedures.
* Review field returns to ensure that they are in line with the budgets as well as policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate should have a first Degree in Commerce (Accounting Option) with at least CPA (K) or its equivalent.
Must be ICT proficient, experience in SUN System will be an added advantage.
At least three (3) years relevant work experience in busy NGO.
The candidate should have high level of honesty, integrity and confidentiality.
Be an excellent communicator and a team player.
This is a challenging opportunities for dedicated and highly motivated professionals.
If you would like to join this dynamic team and help bring lasting health for Africa, please quote the position and reference number (KCO/NAL/009/2012) in the subject matter and send your application letter and CV include contact details of three work-related referees, to the Human Resources Manager, AMREF Kenya by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not attach certificates and testimonials and this point.
The closing date for submitting applications is Monday, 09th April 2012.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
AMREF is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.