Head of Finance vacancy atFursa Leo Microfinance Job in Mombasa, Kenya 2012
Our client is focused on professionalism and integrity; providing quality customer care in service provision whilst having social responsibility and team spirit in all our operations.
They are looking for an ambitious, self-driven candidate to fill the position of Head of Finance
Place of Work: Mombasa, Kenya
The chief financial officer position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
- Provide leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Ensure credibility of Finance by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Sustains corporate organizational goals and objectives as guided by the IFRS,CGAP guidelines and the MFI act 2006
- Draft funding proposals for the approval by Board of Directors.
- Head of Internal Audit and control function by ensuring compliance with existing policies and procedures and developing new policies.
- Take hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive job cost system.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Member of ICPAK
- BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA
- CPA (K) highly desirable
- 5+ years in progressively financial leadership roles in Microfinance industry
- Strong working knowledge of Accounting and loan tracking systems i.e. tally, Micro banker, and/or Mifos. Mandatory
- Experience in grants accounting and management
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.