SOKOINE UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE JOBS IN TANZANIA MAY 2012
The Management of SUA invites qualified Tanzanians to apply for positions for Tutorial Assistants (TA’s) (<35 yrs of age) and Assistant Lecturers (<45 years). Applicants are advised to note that minimum GPA of 3.8 at undergraduate level applies for TAs and 3.5 at BSc/BA level and a good Masters degree is applicable for those with postgraduate qualifications. Only registered veterinarians will be considered for interviews. Also for the Post of Senior Medical Officer, Laboratory Technician Environmental Health Officer, and Computer Technologist/Webmaster, qualifications are provided.
Applicants are advised to note that salary packages and fringe benefits shall be as per Treasury Registrar’s Circular.
The deadline for submission of application letters indicating names and addresses of two referees, together with certified copies of certificates and transcripts, curriculum vitae shall be two weeks after the first advertisement. Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interview. Those who had applied for similar posts in the past are encouraged to apply.
1. DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING AND LAND PLANNING
Assistant Lecturer (1 Post) in the discipline of Machine Design. The applicant should in possession of a BSc in Mechanical Engineering and a Master’s degree in Machinery Design/Mechanical Engineering or related field. Working in the field and industry are encouraged to apply.
2. DEPARTMENT OF SOIL SCIENCE
Tutorial Assistant/ Assistant Lecturer (1 Post) in the discipline of Geology/Geophysics. Applicant should have a Bachelors degree in Geology and a MSc in Geophysics.
3. DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS AND AGRIBUSINESS
Assistant Lecturer (1 Post) in the discipline of Agricultural Economics with bias in Agricultural Finance/Agribusiness Management/ Marketing. Applicants should honors degree in Economics/Agricultural Economics/Accounts and Finance with postgraduate qualifications preferably in Agricultural Finance and/or Agribusiness Management/ Marketing.
4. DEPARTMENT OF VETERINARY MEDICINE
Tutorial Assistant (1 Post) for applicants in possession of Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine with an overall average score of “B”. The candidate should have a B or above in Veterinary Medicine and related courses. Working experience will be an added advantage.
5. DEPARTMENT OF FOREST BIOLOGY
Assistant Lecturer(1 Post), the candidate should have a good MSc in the field of Forest Pathology however knowledge of Silviculture, Forest Ecology, Forest Protection , Plant – Soil Microbiology relationships and other related fields will be an added advantage. Experience in research and Natural Resources Management will be an added advantage.
6. DEPARTMENT OF VETERINARY SURGERY AND THERIOGENOLOGY
Tutorial Assistant (1 Post) the applicant must be in possession of BVM/BVSc with an overall average score of “B” or above in all subjects (4th and 5th year). The applicant must have scored an average of “B” or above in Veterinary Surgery and Theriogenology courses.
7. DEPARTMENT OF VETERINARY MICROBIOLOGY AND PARASITOLOGY
Assistant Lecturer (1 Post) in the discipline of Molecular Biology. The applicant should have a score of “B” grade in Molecular Biology courses in the Bachelor degree.
8. DEPARTMENT OF ANIMAL SCIENCE AND PRODUCTION
Assistant Lecturer (1 Post) in the field of Dairy Science and/ or Technology. The applicant should be in possession in a MSc in Dairy Science and/or Technology or MSc in Animal Science/Food Science with specialization in Dairy Science and / or Technology.
9. DEPARTMENT OF WILDLIFE MANAGMENT
(i) Tutorial Assistant (1 Post) for applicants in possession of a relevant Bachelor degree who will teach Computer Applications for Tourism Industry, Management Information Systems and other tourism courses. The candidate MUST be fluent in English. Knowledge of Spanish and/or Spanish will be an added advantage.
(ii) Assistant Lecturer (1 Post), the candidate must be in possession of a Bachelor and Master degree Tourism Management to teach Travel Agencies, Tours and Air Ticketing, Tour Guiding Techniques, Transport and Travel Management and Travel and Tourism Geography. The candidate MUST be fluent in English. Knowledge of French and/or Spanish will be an added advantage.
10. DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES
1. Tutorial Assistant (1 Post) in the discipline of Meteorology, Dynamic Meteorology and Meteorological Data Analysis and Display Systems. The applicant should be in possession of a Bachelor degree in Meteorology, Environmental Sciences and Management or BSc majoring in Physics and Mathematics from a recognised University.
2. Assistant Lecturer (1 Post) in the discipline of Geography (Physical Geography, Soil, Survey Studies, Geographical Information System, Quantitative Methods in Geography and Research Methods in Geography at Masters.
11. DEPARTMENT OF FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Tutorial Assistant (1 Post) in the discipline of Food Processing/ Food Process Engineering. The applicant must be in possession of a BSc in Food Science and Technology or Chemical or/and Process Engineering or Food and Biochemical Engineering.
12. DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Assistant Lecturer (1 Post) in Microbiology. The applicant must possess a MSc degree in relevant field of science specializing in Microbiology/ Environmental Microbiology/ Applied Microbiology. At BSc the candidate must demonstrate adequate coverage of Microbiology courses. A postgraduate research experience in the same field and/or working experience in an academic and /or research Institution will be an added advantage.
13. DEVELOPMENT STUDIES INSTITUTE
(i). Assistant Lecturer (1 Post) in the discipline of Agricultural Economics for applicants with a MSc in Agricultural Economics.
(ii). Tutorial Assistant (1 Post) in the discipline of Rural Development for applicants in possession of Bachelor of Rural Development. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
14. COMPUTER CENTRE
(i) Tutorial Assistant (1 Post), the applicant must possess a Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Information Technology or related field from a recognised Institution.
(ii) Assistant Lecturer (1 Posts), the applicant must be posses a Masters degree in Computer Science/ Engineering or Information Technology or Information System or related field. The candidate must have working experience of at least three years and specialised in Artificial Intelligent/Machine Learning/ Pattern Recognition/ Image Processing will be an added advantage.
15. SOKOINE NATIONAL AGRICULTURAL LIBRARY
Assistant Librarian (1 Post) for applicants in possession of a Masters degree (average score B and above) in Library and Information Studies/ Information Technology.
12. DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURAL EDUCATION AND EXTENSION
Tutorial Assistant (1 Post) in the discipline of Community Development/Agricultural Extension.
13. ADVERTISEMENT OF THE POST OF SENIOR MECIAL OFFICER II
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
To provide a continuous on-site medical support service to meet the needs of patients, consultants and nursing staff. This includes:
• Complete a brief admission examination on each patient when appropriate and document clinical findings.
• Attend ward rounds as required, and be available to discuss patient treatment plans.
• Perform clinical procedures as required.
• Write up “to take home prescriptions” for patients as required.
• To be completely familiar with emergency equipment and able to use them.
• Promote the centre by showing empathy and compassion to patients, their families and friends.
• Any other assigned duties.
Holder of Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) Degree from a recognized institution and one-year post M.D. supervised internship or the first year of a residency training in an accredited institution/hospital plus possession of a temporary/permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
AGE: Not above 45 years.
14. ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH OFFICER
• Carrying out measures for protecting public health
• Administering and enforcing legislation related to environmental health.
• Providing support to minimize health and safety hazards.
• Inspecting food facilities, investigating public health nuisances, and implementing disease control.
• Focusing on prevention, consultation, investigation, and education of the community regarding health risks and maintaining a safe environment.
• Any other duties assigned.
AGE: Not above 45 years.
15. LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
Possession of Secondary School Education Certificate PLUS a Certificate/Diploma in Laboratory Technology from a recognized Institution. He/She must have at least 2 yeas of working experience in the Diagnostic laboratory.
• To assist Lecturers in organizing and arranging cases for practical training of undergraduate students.
• To assist clinicians in handling clinical cases and Diagnosing animal disease in the field and at the Faculty teaching hospital.
• To assist in research activities.
• To perform other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Department.
AGE: Between 25 and 35 years.
16. Computer Technologist (1 Post)
i A candidate should be a holder of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Information Technology or related field from a recognized Institution.
ii A candidate must have practical skills on web programming including HTML, MySQL and PHP.
iii Ability to use web content management systems.
iv. A candidate must have practical skills in server system administration particularly Linux machines.
AGE: Not above 45 years.
Deadline: 30th May 2012
Office of the Deputy ViceChancellor (A & F)
Sokoine University of Agriculture
P. Box 3000, Chuo Kikuu, Morogoro