PAFID Project Accountant Job in Kenya May 2012
PAFID also supports various other interventions involving CLUSA and its other partners under the Yes Youth Can! initiative.
PAFID is seeking to recruit Project Accountant (temporary position -5 months)
- Prepare monthly management and project accounts
- Prepare project costing, budgets, cash flows, reports and analysis as required by donors & Management.
- Ensure proper management of petty cash;
- Process monthly payroll
- Ensure that all cash payments are fully supported and are authorized
- Process and make payments as provided in the approved budgets; Rubber stamping ‘paid’ on all documents once cash vouchers are signed and cash disbursed and before filing
- Maintain an organized and well documented filling system (all files must be labeled properly and visibly)
- Inputting accurately of transactions in Quick books
- Carry out reconciliations of cash and bank balances on a monthly basis;
- Prepare schedule of payments of utilities, statutory deduction and ensure timely payment of the same;
- Ensure the timely transfer of all field fund requests;
- Ensure the maintenance of an efficient, proper, and transparent financial filing system for the department and the organization in accordance with the organizational guidelines;
- Professional accounting qualification (CPA 2) and Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance,
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks and MS Office especially EXCEL
- At least 1 year of professional experience with an NGO
- USAID experience a plus. In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform assigned and additional duties.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and handle multiple concurrent activities
- Excellent in written and spoken English.
- Ability to work well in a team and handle pressures and meet deadlines
- And have a willingness to learn
Qualified candidates are invited to email their applications together with a detailed CV with 3 professional referees and daytime telephone contacts by 25th June 2012- 5pm to: