International Organization Grants Administrator Job in Kenya May 2012
(Bilingual in English and French)
An international organization that supports research in developing countries invites applications for two positions in its regional office in Nairobi.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The right candidate will be responsible for among others, the following duties:
- Providing financial and administrative advice and support to program staff, grantees and others, on the development, implementation, and monitoring of projects;
- processing project approval and contract documents;
- following up with recipient institutions on projects including analysis of financial reports and other grant administration issues;
- maintaining project information in the organization’s database;
- ensuring timely disbursements to projects, consultants and suppliers;
- maintenance of the inventory of project outputs, files, documents and correspondence related to all aspects of projects;
- participating in meetings;
- and acting as main administrative contact for the designated programmes.
The ideal candidate profile should include the following:
- A university degree.
- At least five years working experience relevant to the duties outlined above, ideally within an international organization.
- Excellent communication skills, a professional demeanor, and a good team member.
- Strong analytical skills, particularly in the areas of numeracy and financial analysis.
- An ability to manage detailed work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Experience of Internet usage, word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Only candidates who have excellent capacity in both English and French, orally and in writing, should apply.
Interested candidates should forward their applications to the address below including a full CV no later than 3 June 2012: firstname.lastname@example.org
A French version is available by contacting the above email address.