Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist Job Opportunity In Kampala Uganda June 2012
Reports to: General Manager, Joint Medical Stores
Technical Advisor Supply Chain Operations, SURE
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) specialist is a secondment from the SURE program to Joint Medical Stores. The M&E Specialist will be responsible for establishing a monitoring and evaluation framework, monitor performance of key business functions and regularly update JMS on the status of implementation.
S/he will work with all functional heads of department to develop appropriate indicators, targets and methods for collecting information on support activities and performance, and assist with analysis for evidence-based decision making for JMS improvements.
In addition M&E Specialist will:
• Assess information needs with support from JMS technical managers to determine key issues and requirements of the M&E framework and system.
• Provide technical guidance, in the design of the M&E system including design of assessments, data collection tools, collection of data from the JMS clients when required, data management, data quality and utilization of information.
• Provide technical support in the development of a monitoring and evaluation database that is integrated with the business intelligence tools and JMS’ enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
• Provide technical leadership in development of key M&E documents and materials including strategic plans, M&E plans, SOPs, and ensuring that they are monitored and regularly updated
• Prepare periodic reports required by the JMS and other stakeholders that support effective decision making.
• Support JMS management to identify capacity building needs in monitoring and evaluation for JMS’ key business function staff; train selected staff in M&E
1)Masters degree in Public Health, Statistics, Demography, or related field
2) At least 5 years M&E experience in a health related field preferably in a busy private sector medium sized business organization
3)Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications and statistical packages such as Microsoft Project, SPSS, stata
4) Experience in working with business intelligence tools and analysis of business performance information based on performance Monitoring Plans is a requirement
5) Familiarity with supply chain management concepts and indicators is an advantage
6) Experience in working in the pharmaceutical sector especially in warehouse environment will be an added advantage
7) Capacity building/training experience is an advantage
8) Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to make presentations
9) Ability to effectively write/edit reports
10) Ability to multi-task and effectively motivate team members to meet deadlines.
How to Apply
All applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Partner – MSH, Plot 15 Princess Ann Drive Bugolobi, P O Box 71419, Kampala Email: HRUG@msh.org
Deadline for submission: June 29, 2012 at 12.00pm. We thank all applicants for their interest, but can only acknowledge shortlisted candidates