Oracle DBA Jobs in Rwanda July 2012
Our client is has a mission to change the face of IT in Africa.
With a presence in 21 countries; 17 of which are in Africa this company is looking for innovative, energetic and dedicated candidates to join their expanding team in Kenya.
We are currently recruiting for the following position:
Rwandese Nationals encouraged to apply
- Troubleshoot and fix errors in Oracle EBS and databases
- Patch databases and app server in accordance with company policy
- Carry out full database backups and validate backups by simulating restores
- Carry out routine maintenance of databases
- Build resiliency to the databases to mitigate against physical and logical errors using Oracle technologies
- Optimize database performance through analysis and tuning
- Implement stringent database security measures in accordance with company policy
- Configuration of Real Application Cluster on 10g/11g with multiple nodes.
- Configuration of Active Data Guard on 10g/11g.
- Designing backup strategy/ policy with backup tools.
- Performing database upgrades and patch application.
- Oracle Forms and Oracle Reports using Oracle Developer9i/10g.
- Documenting the process and parameters of the database
- 5 yrs experience as a DBA
- Experience on 10g 11g on Solaris/Linux/HP Unix Environment.
- Good Exposure in Installation and configuration in Oracle 10g,11g
- Competent in Unix/Linux shell scripting (required)
- Experience managing large multi-terabyte databases (preferred)
- Experience managing Oracle RAC databases (required)
- Experience installing, upgrading, and managing Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control (Required)
- Strong query tuning and performance problem solving skills (required)
- Strong RMAN backup and recovery skills (required)
- Strong SQL DDL,DML, and PLSQL coding skills (required)
- Database Crash recovery, Reinstallation in case Software corruption (preferred)
- Experience with Telecom domain databases (preferred)
- Experience on Database migration from existing environment to different environment.
- Experience in PL/SQL scripts for monitoring database.
- Experience in designing the architecture of the database.
- 10g/11g OCP Certification will be added advantage.
To apply send CVs to email@example.com