Maintenance Engineer Job Vacancy in Kenya 2012
Our client is Africa’s pioneering provider of Triple Play services.
They are seeking to recruit an ambitious, dynamic & innovative individual for the role of Maintenance Engineer who will report to the Chief Technical Officer.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the maintenance (both reactive and proactive) of the external HFC plant; Wimax base stations; Satellite dish farms; data centres power and air conditioning systems (collectively referred to as Infrastructure).
- Overall in charge of the company’s Infrastructure maintenance, in terms of management of available talent and physical resources.
- Overall in charge of ensuring 100% uptime of all Infrastructure.
- Development of the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for daily, weekly and monthly reporting of the Infrastructure performance metrics
- Talent acquisition, management and leadership
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of the operational processes and procedures for the maintenance of the Infrastructure to meet the company’s performance and reliability targets, to achieve global best practices and industry standards
- Planning and execution of the weekly and monthly proactive maintenance schedules for each unique Infrastructure unit
- Redundancy testing of each unique Infrastructural unit
- Scenario planning on recoveries for every disaster possible per unique Infrastructure unit
- Service Level Management, downtime scenario planning and spares inventory management with Infrastructure vendors
- Relationship building and coordination with external parties and utility companies(Local Authorities, KPLC, Road Contractors, etc.) whose works or maintenance of their plant can impact on our services
- Budgeting for the maintenance department and adherence to the same
- Executive of customer service escalations, as per set guidelines
- Reactive infrastructure maintenance as per set guidelines
- Maintenance and recognition of top 3 maintenance drivers
- Project plans to reduce the effects of the top 3 maintenance drivers
- Power backup project completion to tier 1 status (99.9% daily uptime per node)
- Noise reduction program and project plan
- Technical resources acquisition, management, leadership, performance management
- Monitor and manage SLA levels with vendors
- Monthly infrastructure review with clear recommendations of improvement areas and supporting data
- A degree in electronics engineering or telecommunications engineering
- 5 – 7 years work experience in telecommunications infrastructure maintenance
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please forward a copy of your updated resume, and your current salary and benefits package to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 19th July 2012.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.