State Corporation Agricultural / Research Officers and Senior ICT Officer Jobs in Kenya 2012
A well established State Corporation is seeking to recruit for the following positions:-
1. Agricultural / Research Officers (2)
The Officer will be responsible to the Head of Division for the performance of the following:
- Plan and implement cropping programmes
- Mobilize, sensitize and train farmers/staff/stakeholders on relevant agronomic issues
- Undertake specific agricultural based trials; investigate, collect and analyze data and prepare reports
- Participate in Monitoring and Evaluation of agricultural programmes
- Professionally participate in project identification, planning and implementation.
- Manage identified agricultural enterprise commercially.
- Bachelors of Science in Agriculture from a recognized university
- At least 3 years experience in a relevant and busy environment
- Be ready to work in any part of the Country
- Possess the ability and commitment to work and give results with minimum supervision
- Must be computer literate
2. Senior ICT Officer (1)
To plan, direct, manage and oversee the activities and operations of the ICT section, administer the ICT budget, staff and give direction on technological advancements in all operational areas
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop information Technology strategy in support of the organization’s mission and core objectives.
- LAN/WAN administration and continuous upgrade of supporting network infrastructure.
- Ensure continuous and effective provision of up to date ICT services in the Organization and ability to handle troubleshooting of Organization’s Computer systems.
- Maintain and update the management Information System (MIS) for the collection, analysis and dissemination of data within the Organization.
- Provide continuous training of staff on ICT system equipment use and user of applications on need basis.
- Review systems infrastructure, implementation and integration.
- Ensure secure, continuous uninterrupted availability and functionality of the Organization’s Computer systems.
- Maintain and continuously account on the delivery of set targets and provide regular ICT monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Management including appointments in various committees.
Education, Professional Qualifications and work experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/ Information Technology or equivalent from a recognized/reputable University.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a busy networking environment 3 of which should be at Supervisory level.
- Certification in MCSE, CCNA will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Linux, windows 2003/2008 Server and IBM Informix Operating systems
- Hands-on experience in one of the mainstream ERP’s will be a distinct advantage.
- Support integration of mobile, email, web and other electronic resources into a Document Management ICT system for information gathering, processing, archiving and dissemination.
- Experience with backup and recovery of Data/System Files
- Experience in configuration, Management and Troubleshooting of LAN/WAN Network devices
- Configure and monitor the performance of specific applications to ensure they operate to agreed performance levels
- Performing on-site and remote technical support.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should forward a letter of application, detailed CV containing details of qualifications, experience, names and addresses of 3 professional referees and attach copies of academic/professional certificates and testimonials to:-
P.O. Box 49010-00100
P.O. Box 49010-00100
To be received not later than 26th July 2012.