(Six Months Contract) IT Network Manager Jobs in Nairobi Kenya July 2012
IT Network Manager
(6 Months contract)
Our client is seeking to recruit an IT, Network Manager.
This is a challenging and varied role where the successful candidate will be responsible for both installing and maintaining the company’s computer networks as well as;
- Establishing a network system in the company, administration of the systems and troubleshooting any kind of problems of the employees or the end-users of the systems.
- Design specifications for establishing security in the networks and protecting vulnerable database
- Troubleshoot any kind of hardware and software problems at the end users site and make sure that there is no problem in accessing any resource for the users
- Putting in place an effective back up system to ensure system users have access to both internet and phone communication 24/7.
- Ensure all IT assets are protected with up to date anti-virus software.
- Setting access to files, email, and internet and security systems to prevent hackers from getting into the system. You might even have to write programmes.
- Once the system is in place: train staff, provide technical support, support staff queries, monitor system use, set up user accounts and manage back-up.
- Develop a disaster recovery plan to minimise the disruption to the business if the network goes down.
- Update the systems regularly with antivirus, firewall and spyware and protect any kind of viruses and breakdowns in the network
- Maintain remote monitoring systems and keep a track of the use of resources provide to the employees and the end users
- Sets authentication and authorization and restricts users from accessing important and vital information available
- IT related Degree/Diploma from a reputable institution and 3 to 5 years practical experience
- Ability to multitask and support various groups of users
- Project management, organizations and prioritizing skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communications skills – written and verbal
- Mature personality able to work under immense pressure.
- Excellent knowledge of Infrastructure Technologies, concepts, and methodologies.
- Hands-on experience in
- Server Exchange 2003/ Exchange 2010 hardware.
- Operating Systems (Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and 2008; Microsoft Windows
- Expert experience managing Linux servers (Red Had Enterprise Linux).
- Watch guard Firewalls/ Cyber Roam Firewall
- Network concepts and Network equipment (routers, switches firewalls).
To apply, send your CV ONLY and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday 31st July 2012.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and the minimum salary expectation on the subject line.