World Concern Development Organization Accounts Clerk Jobs in Nairobi Kenya July 2012
World Concern Development Organization is a Christian global relief and development agency whose supporters’ faith compels them to extend opportunity and hope to people facing the most profound human challenges of extreme poverty.
We serve nearly 6 million people in 18 countries, focusing on food security, child protection, education, maternal and child health, microfinance, vocational training, clean water and sanitation and disaster response.
Position: Accounts Clerk
Reports To: Regional Finance Manager
Length of Contract: one year
Purpose: Process all accounts payable functions including Kenya Shilling petty cash for Nairobi based staff. Provide general support to the accounts department.
- Paying out petty cash requests in Kenya Shillings.
- Making sure the Kenya shillings petty cash float is sufficient to avoid inconveniences to staff.
- Preparing petty cash reports for replenishment purposes.
- Facilitating bank withdrawals of cash requests that are above authorized petty cash limits.
- Liaising with logistics on matter relating to cash withdrawals and monies that are to be sent to the field.
- Making sure enough controls are kept in matters relating to cash.
- Receiving invoices daily, stamping the approval stamp and distributing to the relevant Country Directors for approval.
- Following up of the invoices from the Country Directors.
- Preparation of cheque requests and writing of cheques for review by the Accounts Assistant.
- Passing on the signed cheques to front desk or logistics for onward transmission to suppliers.
- Filing the accounting documents.
- Initiate instruction letters to banks and money transfer service providers.
- Distributing monthly staff GIK Vouchers.
- Ensuring the availability of checkbooks and petty cash voucher books.
- Working in conjunction with country accountants on various issues.
- Any other duty as directed by the Country Accountants.
Qualifications & Experience
- CPAK/ACCA holder from a recognized institution with a minimum of one year experience in a similar position.
- Familiarity with not-for-profit Accounting systems will be required.
- Experience working with an NGO or UN agencies an added advantage.
- Above average functional knowledge of MS Office suit.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Ability to work in and contribute to an environment for effective team functioning and building.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
- Fulfill functions as listed above.
- Accuracy and utility of financial activities
- Ability to manage and resolve conflicts in a mutually respectful manner
- Maintain a positive and constructive attitude.
- Operate within World Concern communications standards for timeliness.
Working conditions/ Environment
- The position is based in the WC Africa office, Nairobi.
- The Nairobi office has a multicultural international work environment.
- The office is open Monday-Friday between 7.30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- The job may require the person to work extra hours to meet deadlines
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications, updated CV detailing their experience for the post, current email and phone contacts and three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th August, 2012.
Those who will not have heard from us by 15th August, 2012 should consider themselves unsuccessful.