Meru Toyota Mechanic / Motor Vehicle Technician Jobs in Kenya July 2012
Ability to read and write in order to read work orders and complete reports
Two years experience in related field
Ability to repair a variety of automotive components
Ability to maintain a preventive maintenance program on all vehicles
Ability to lift 50 kg on a routine basis
Willingness to work independently
A valid and clean Driver’s License
Knowledge of both diesel and gasoline vehicles
Job Goal: An individual in this position will complete a wide range of vehicle repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Perform a broad range of mechanical tasks from minor tune-ups, brake replacements, etc. to overhaul of major components, i.e., engines, manual transmissions, rear-ends, brake systems, electrical systems, etc.
- Perform diagnosis of fuel systems to include carburetors, fuel injections, computerized components, etc.
- Diagnose and repair air conditioning systems location
- Maintain a preventive maintenance program on all vehicles
- Responsible for setting up a safety inspection program for all activity vehicles
- Responsible for ongoing scheduling inspection of all safety systems and analyze each vehicle for need of potential repairs
- Follow work instructions as assigned by supervisor
- Mount and computer balance tires