FIDA Kenya Legal Counsel Jobs in Mombasa Kenya August 2012
FIDA Kenya seeks to recruit a Legal Counsel to fill in the above position for a temporary period of three (3) months at the Mombasa office.
- Provide legal advice to FIDA clients; take their briefs; refer distressed clients for Counseling and conduct mediation between parties.
- Prepare pleadings, proof of evidence and legal briefs.
- Prepare court strategies in consultation with team leader.
- Attend Court and supervise Legal Clerks on Court processes and Clients services Officer/Administrative Secretary on office work
- Assists in the coordination open days, self-representation workshops and other workshops organized by the team
- Represent Organization in meetings with stakeholders and strategic partners
- Provide prompt response to correspondence – e-mail, telephone.
- Any other tasks as may be assigned by Supervisor.
The ideal candidate should at least possess the following qualifications and attributes:-
- Bachelor of law degree/diploma from Council for legal Education
- Advocate of the High court with at least five years’ experience in trial advocacy
- Demonstrated knowledge of program planning, designing and monitoring & evaluation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in gender & women’s rights Issues.
- Results oriented, creative and innovative.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and good presentation skills.
- Must be a good team player, highly self-motivated & self-driven.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities.
FIDA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Legal Counsel
Federation of Women Lawyers-Kenya
Kizingo Estate, David Kayanda Road
Behind Sea View Plaza