FIDA Kenya Senior Programme Officer, Transformative Justice(firstname.lastname@example.org) Jobs in Nairobi August 2012
Senior Programme Officer, Transformative Justice (to be based in the Nairobi Office)
- Overall leadership of the transformative justice team and to ensure timely implementation of the strategic plan;
- Coordinating activities under the transformative justice programme;
- Carrying out duties in women rights monitoring and advocacy and running the day-to-day procedures of the team;
- Conducting training and awareness at different forums;
- Writing and collating reports related to activities in the team;
- Organizing and planning for meetings, consultative forums for Government agencies, civil society Organizations and other stakeholders;
- Conducting desk research and developing position papers on various policy issues;
- Donor liaison, proposal and report writing;
- Attending networking meetings and other collaborative initiative with partners at national, regional and international level;
- Lobbying and advocacy at national as well as international level; and
- Any other tasks as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
The ideal candidate should at least posses the following qualifications and attributes:-
- Bachelor of law degree (Post graduate qualifications in gender will be an added advantage).
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification professional experience in a busy non governmental organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of program planning, designing, monitoring & evaluation and financial management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in gender and women’s rights issues and international human rights.
- Proficiency in computers, organizational and analytical skills
- Proven excellent writing, documentation and editorial skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and good presentation skills
- Must be a good team player, highly self motivated and self driven.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities.
The Executive Director
Amboseli Road, off Gitanga Road, Lavington.
P.O. Box 46324-00100