Karen Hospital seeks Physician Jobs in Nairobi Kenya August 2012
The Karen Hospital
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Provides medical patient care by interviewing, examining and treating of clinical patients in order to meet their medical needs
Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families
Determines which referrals are required based on examination and patient needs
Determines level of urgency of follow-up, referral/consultation appointments
Exercises final medical judgment in all issues of health care
Prescribes medical treatment and clinical drugs to patients
Orders studies, test and ancillary services
Documents all services in patient medical record
Reviews on a regular basis long term cases that require ongoing medical attention
Consults with Medical Director and other professionals on staff as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues
Participates in quality improvement, management, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the hospital or clinic requirements
Oversees mid-level medical staff as assigned as well as nursing clinical staff
Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from patients
Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal guidelines and regulations
Physician Job Education and Qualifications
- A Medical degree and registered license with the Kenya dental and Medical Practitioners Board.
- Applicant must have graduated from an accredited training program for Physicians
- At least 5 years experience as a Physician
Physician Job Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques
- Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette
- Performs in a tactful and professional manner
- In good health and self-disciplined.
- They should be able to communicate with many kinds of people.
- They must have good business sense and the ability to organize the work of others.
- Desire to continue to study new developments in medicine
All candidates suitably qualified should send their detailed CV and a covering letter, copies of certificates and testimonials together with a daytime telephone contact so as to reach the undersigned strictly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All relevant copies of certificates should be attached to the email.
All Applications must be received by close of business 15th August 2012.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.