African Barrick Gold Engineering Manager Jobs in Shinyanga Region Tanzania August 2012
ENGINEERING AND MAINTENANCE MANAGER
Reporting to the General Manager, we seek to appoint an Engineering and Maintenance Manager at our Bulyanhulu gold mining operation.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Manage the activities of the Engineering Department to assure cost effectiveness and that Key Performance Indicators are achieved in an effective and timely manner
• Manage the entire mine’s maintenance practices and procedures to ensure maximum equipment availability at minimum cost
• Prepare (and operate within) annual and periodical mine budgets for operations and capital projects, reporting on cost variations and the remedy thereof
• Provide leadership, supervision, skills training and support for employees in accordance with departmental requirements and individual progress and development plans
• Provide the leadership necessary to ensure that employees and contractors adhere to safety and environmental standards that exceed worldwide industry standards and complementary to the applicable Tanzanian legislation.
• Interact with all relevant stakeholders to advance the objectives of the company.
• Continually seek and introduce best practice and new technologies/developments that enhance operational effectiveness
• Tertiary qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from a recognized university
• Government Certificate of Competence as Engineer
• Management / Leadership qualification will be well regarded
• Detailed knowledge of managing an engineering function on a large mine, including supervisory, technical, operational, financial and safety knowledge
• Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience
• Detailed underground mining experience, with special reference to mechanized man and automated Ore Winding fixed plant
• Detailed knowledge of mechanized underground mining mobile plant and surface HME.
• Detailed knowledge of Gold Plant’s with special emphasis on Semi Autogenous Milling and Flotation circuits
• Significant experience in dealing with all aspects of the engineering function from inbound to outbound logistics
• Significant experience in the financial aspects of engineering such as cost control budgeting and return on investment
• Sound interpersonal and management skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team of employees to achieve mining business targets
• Significant experience in dealing with a unionised environment
Tanzania-Shinyanga Region-Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
How to Apply:
Deadline: 10th Aug 2012