Maintenance Foreman Vacancy at African Barrick Gold Jobs in Shinyanga Region Tanzania August 2012
UNDERGROUND MOBILE MAINTENANCE FOREMAN
Reporting to the Underground Mobile Maintenance Superintendent we seek to appoint an Underground Mobile Maintenance Foreman at our Bulyanhulu gold mining operation. The incumbent will be responsible to organise, direct & control the preventative, corrective & unplanned maintenance/repairs to the U/G HME fleet. He/She will ensure that staff complies with all company procedures, laid down rules, regulations and safety standards, whilst maintaining the ABG core values and attaining best industry standards.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
o Attend daily planned meetings with superintendents, conduct daily meetings with supervisors and ensure compliance with toolbox and safety meeting requirements.
o Attend daily shift change meetings with mining departments and accurately report the mobile fleet availability status.
o Analyse weekly schedules with supervisors to ensure 100% completion with minimal additional downtime.
o Identify and analyse premature component/equipment failure, utilising root cause /tap root analysis.
o Ensure all required testing and safety checks are carried out and recorded as required.
o Assists the UG Mobile Maintenance Superintendent in the budgeting and control of maintenance costs.
o Control workforce attendances, shift, training and rotational leave schedules.
o Ensure compliance with all statutory and legislative requirements.
o Ensure adherence to all safety, health and environmental procedures and guidelines.
o Provide appropriate on-the-job training and mentoring to less experience personnel.
o Demonstrate by example a high level of housekeeping and environmental awareness, with an emphasis on hydrocarbon disposal and management.
o Implementation and execution of all tasks and instructions as directed by the superintendent mobile maintenance.
• Completion of a structured, recognised mechanical apprenticeship.
• A mechanical trade certificate, from a recognised and authorised body (FTC).
• Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in U/G Mining industry on Engineering & Maintenance.
• Complete understanding of diesel engine construction, maintenance and operation.
• Conversant with torque converter and multi clutch transmission systems and their control.
• Conversant with hydraulic system construction and operation.
• Auto electrical knowledge of starter and charging circuits
• Budget construction & control
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite & PRONTO).
• Experience of underground heavy mobile equipment & operations.
• Experienced in skills transfer and team development, in a cross cultural environment.
Underground – Mobile Maintenance
Tanzania-Shinyanga Region-Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
How to Apply:
Deadline: 10th Aug 2012