Kenya Chamber of Mines Geologist Jobs in Kenya 2012
Geologist – Kenya Chamber of Mines
This position will report directly to the Kenya Chamber of Mines CEO.
The right candidate will be required to have a high level of responsibility and ability to communicate effectively.
Position duties will include but not limited to;
- Regularly conducting active pit mapping, geological surveys and interpreting geology in order to inform and improve exploration in various areas;
- Advising chamber members and small scale miners on mining activities and adherence to health and safety regulations;
- Liaising with other geologists, government officials and mine workers on regulatory issues;
- Keeping up to date with current geological research, advising the chamber on current trends;
- Preparing reports and maps for the Kenya Chamber of Mines, providing technical information to the chamber regarding mining activities for use in its operations;
- Interpreting geological information and data for the chamber, working closely with the CEO to provide technical clarifications as may be required.
- Handling other specific assignments as given by the CEO.
Qualifications and training required
- Bsc degree in Geology or Mining Engineering.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the geology of Kenya and mining activities.
- Must be a registered geologist or eligible to become a registered geologist
- 2-5 years working experience
- Knowledge in any GIS system will be an added advantage
Other Key attributes
- Good organisational skills
- Computer literacy
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Applications for this position should be sent to email@example.com not later than Wednesday, 17th August, 2012.
The CV should include contacts of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted