Futures Group Strategic Information and Tech Associate(www.futuresgroup.com) Jobs in Kenya August 2012
Futures Group develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well being of people around the world.
Futures Group International develops and enhances strategic information (SI) systems at health facilities to collect and track data to improve patient and project outcomes, including reports for the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) indicators, National Ministry of Health (MOH) indicators, and specific project indicators.
The Strategic Information and Tech Associate will be responsible for automating collection and reporting of Health Information at health facilities and delivering technical support and supervision.
- IT troubleshooting and bug reporting at health facilities that have technical difficulties
- Assist the SI team to remotely connect to the health facilities’ databases
- Build capacity of local partners to manage, analyze and make use of their data
- Assist in the capacity building efforts of the strategic information team.
- Continued development of IQTools and IQCare via
Programming of SQL queries for all new clinical reports requested by the Clinical lead team and local partners o Programming of IQTools reporting system to incorporate changes in user requirements
Building and designing of data collection forms used in IQCare EMR system
Documentation of indicators and systems in use.
- Assist the strategic information team to deploy and manage the IQCare (EMR) rollout and maintenance at health facilities
- Other responsibilities as needed
- B.Sc. Computer science,
- 3 years of .NET programming / Microsoft SQL Server database programming experience,
- Excellent computer skills ( Windows ,SQL, Microsoft Office, networking)
- Excellent VB.NET,C#,ASP.NET programming, SQL 2005,2008 database programming skills
- Experience working with Patient Management and Monitoring Systems (PMMS) /HMIS
- Experience in implementing US Government-funded projects.
- Have a good understanding of the health systems in Kenya
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with and designing/programming tools for health information data entry and reporting
- Ability to trouble-shoot, manage crisis, and problem solving
- Regularly required to stand or sit, and move about the facility
- Usual office working conditions free of disagreeable elements.
All applications for this position should be submitted online at www.futuresgroup.com via the Careers page.