Various Job Vacancies in ACDI / VOCA Kenya August 2012
For over 45 years and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy.
Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 97 projects in 38 countries and revenues of over $140 million.
Office and Logistics Manager
We are currently seeking an Office and Logistics Manager for the Resilience and Economic Growth in the Arid Lands-Accelerated Growth (REGAL-AG) project, funded by USAID.
This project will identify, integrate and sustain humanitarian investments that prove to be effective in sustainably increasing resilience and reducing the need for recurrent humanitarian assistance, and to build on these investments to accelerate sustainable economic growth.
The goal of REGAL-AG is to foster an inclusive livestock value chain that increases pastoralists’ resilience and stimulates economic growth in several Kenyan counties and beyond.
- Support the COP in the daily management of office operations including but not limited to, human resources, procurement, grants management, office administration, and monitoring the timely submission of reports.
- Ensure that administrative, operations and procurement functions are in compliance with ACDI/VOCA’s Employee Personnel Manual (EPM), Procurement Manual, USAID rules and regulations, and applicable Kenyan law; prepare required documentation of such
- Ensure effective coordination between administrative, operations support and program staff
- Ensure efficient organization and execution of events, conferences, workshops, large general meetings, including preparation and dissemination of background documents, arrangements for lodging, catering, minute-taking, equipment use, etc.
- Contribute to program reporting, monitoring, and support the COP in the coordination of the REGAL-AG program and finance team
- Maintain organized and accurate records including the submission of payment requests for general invoices, publication payments, and expense reports
- Supervise the receptionist and drivers
- Act as liaison for outside vendors, including IT troubleshooting and office equipment setup
- Assist with setup for new staff members to ensure smooth orientation
- Address general mail deliveries for the Kenya office, including invoices, requests for information, etc.
- Monitor office equipment and maintain supply levels, submit supply order requests as needed
- Ensure kitchen area is cleanly maintained and stocked
- Ensure efficient management and maintenance of office assets, facilities, IT, security, etc.
- Maintain and reconcile timesheets
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in management or related field is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing office operations and demonstrated understanding of and experience with USAID policy and procedures
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English is required
- Good problem solver, self-starter, creative and innovative, good communication, leadership and reporting skills required
- Experience working in Kenya agricultural development programs is highly preferred
- IT compliant or training in IT is highly recommended.
To be considered for this recruitment, please e-mail your resume toREGALAG@joinav.org.
Please include the position title in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
Only finalists contacted.
Women and minorities encouraged to apply.
Please apply by close of business, August 24, 2012.