CFC Life Finance Manager Jobs in Nairobi Kenya 2012
A great job opportunity for a Manager Finance
We are a customer focused organization with a united, passionate and skilled workforce.
We have the foresight to respond to changing consumer needs through innovative solutions and technologically efficient processes.
We are looking for a forward thinking and dynamic candidate to fill the exciting role of
Manager – Finance
Job Location: CfC House, Nairobi
Key Objective of the Job
Assist in setting CfC Life’s finance strategy
Assist the HoD in decision making and financial leadership to board of directors, CfC Life’s Exco, management and staff
Assist in management of the company’s long and short term financial planning
Handle management and financial reporting to both internal and external stakeholders including Liberty Holdings, the Company Exco, the Insurance Regulatory Authority and the Board.
Ensure financial controls and disciplines are in place.
Assist in management of the company’s tax affairs
Assist in strengthening capital management and regulatory reporting
Maintain a management information system, reconciliations, including the GL that adequately meets and addresses business needs.
Liaison with Liberty Holdings, External Auditors, Tax regulations and the Insurance Regulatory Authority to discuss and resolve issues affecting the business.
- Participate in setting the company’s strategy and initiatives
- Assist in setting the CfC Life’s finance strategy and objectives
- Provide financial leadership for CfC Life
- Review and implement sound financial accounting policies to achieve company’s strategic objectives
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports to aid management decision making
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial performance reviews
- Manage, review and ensure timely reporting of the monthly financial results, quarterly, half yearly and year-end reporting ensuring that all reporting deadlines are met.
- Monitor revenue and expenditures, make recommendations and appropriate action to ensure sound financial controls.
- Provide cost and benefit analysis to support all significant decisions in the company
- Maintain the integrity of the company’s financial information.
- Written and oral reporting of strategic and financial issues to the Company’s Executive Committee, Liberty Holdings and the Board of Directors.
- Manage the budgeting and planning process including forecasting.
- Regulatory reporting to the Insurance Regulatory Authority.
- Capital management, maximising profit and return on capital.
- Play the lead role in managing the implementation of financial policies, procedures, and controls that are consistent with the rest of the Group.
- Oversee management information system and ensure that it adequately addresses business needs.
- Manage taxation affairs of the company.
- Manage the annual statutory audit process.
- Set the framework for developing a value adding finance function that provides customer focussed finance solutions to business problems.
- Liaison with external auditors and Group Internal Audit
- Playing a leading role in coaching and developing the finance team.
- B.Com or a Business related Degree
- CPA (K)
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience, of which 2 should be in a supervisory role in a financial institution
- In-depth understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards
- An understanding of Kenya Taxation regulations
- Knowledge of the Kenya Insurance Regulations.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Experience in change management and the ability to positively lead change.
- Experience in budgeting and strategic financial planning.
Specific Computer Skills
- Ms Office
- Working knowledge of Sun Accounting System
Personal and Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to analyse and evaluate data for acceptability and correctness
- Analytical mind with strong orientation to financial analysis
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of management regarding management information needs.
- An appropriate and a good understanding of macro economics and external factors affecting the business strategies adopted, and market serviced by CfC Life
- Good interpersonal skills required in liaising with people at different levels within the group
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Strong report writing and presentation skills
- Dynamic self-starter with a personal ambition to succeed
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- A person of high integrity
If you meet the requirements of the above position please send an email application together with detailed and updated CV and contacts of three professional references to Human Resources at email@example.com by 30 August 2012.