Ringier Kenya various Job Vacancies in Kenya 2012
Ringier AG is a family-owned Swiss media company with over 175 years of history, 8,000 employees and over a billion USD in annual revenue. It is the largest media corporation in Switzerland. With its head office based out of Zürich, Ringier AG has expanded in the last two decades to include offices in Germany, Hungary, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Czech Republic, China, Vietnam, Kenya, Nigeria and Ghana.
Ringier Kenya is poised to be the hub serving our East African expansion bringing quality digital products to the sub-region.
We are looking for fresh graduates from your Institutions to join our Company under one of our platforms called Pigiame.
Job title: Operations Assistant
Reports to: VP Classifieds, Ringier
Start date: ASAP
Work schedule: Full time
Work location: Kenya
Key function in this role
- Assisting in setting & implementing the execution of pigiame goals and strategies.
Key Responsibilities & Result Areas
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of pigiame. Constantly findings ways to improve productivity and operations within pigiame.
- Weekly reports to VP Classifieds, Ringier on all activity for the week and the week ahead.
- Responsible for the monitoring of productivity in sales & listings of pigiame. Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Plan and direct activities, coordinating with other department heads as required.
- Train new employees.
- Overseeing and monitoring the running of all projects within pigiame.
- Working directly with clients to develop new opportunities that either generate revenue or grow the pigiame via synergies.
- Preparing program budgets, facilitating projects, control inventory and handle logistics.
- Ensuring staff consistently deliver premium customer service commitment by modeling positive resolution of challenging customer service issues and concerns to the customer’s satisfaction
- Maintaining effective and clear communication channels with other Ringier Kenya company heads both verbally and in writing.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or IT related field
- Knowledge about e-commerce solutions
- Flexible hours set to meet the needs of the position and willingness to travel and work in a regional team of professionals.
Working relationships (internally & externally)
Internal: Ringier Kenya
External: Any entity that establishes an interest in pigiame.
Personal & Managerial Attributes
- Leadership ability
- Team work
- Understanding how to develop and implement business strategies
- Smart, creative and innovative
- Thorough knowledge of the company’s culture, identity and goals
- Honest and strong work ethics and integrity
- Well-organised; Can multi-task
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of management, executive leadership and support staff
- Problem-solving and conflict management
- Sense of humour
If interested in the above job kindly email your Application letter and Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 24th August 2012.