Job vacancy at Church World Service Nairobi Kenya 2012
This position manages the In-Processing Unit, which includes all non-field based USRAP in-processing activities from submission to CIS adjudication.
The position directly supervises two staff (Namechecks Team Leader and Case Intake Team Leader) and indirectly supervises all In-Processing staff.
The position reports to the Case processing Coordinator and works closely with the Field Team coordinator, Out-Processing Manager, Pre-screening manager, Adjudications manager, Data Integrity Coordinator and Deputy Director for Operations.
- Maintain a thorough operational knowledge of CWS/RSC Nairobi.
- Directly supervise Namechecks Team Leader and Case Intake Team Leader and indirectly supervise in-processing staff.
- Ensure all case processing functions adhere to USRAP, USCIS, RPC, and RSC standards and guidelines and that all cases are processed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Coordinate case processing to ensure the integrity of RSC case processing and strict adherence to the DOS/BPRM Guidelines for the Treatment of Refugee Records.
- Manage non-field based processing activities from submission to CIS adjudication, with a particular focus on ensuring that all required security clearances are efficiently managed.
- Develop, update and implement SOPs for the In-Processing Unit.
- Develop and implement training modules, in coordination with the Out-Processing Manager and Case Processing Coordinator, for case processing staff, including working closely with the WRAPS trainer to ensure staffs are fully trained in WRAPS functions for all aspects of RSC case processing.
- Coordinate with team leaders within the In-Processing Unit and the Data Integrity Unit to ensure that all appropriate reports are prepared and distributed in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Data Integrity Unit to develop reports and ensure the coherent and accurate use of WRAPS and to monitor the integrity of WRAPS data.
- Monitor staff time & attendance, performance, and training needs within the In- Processing Unit.
- Provide direct supervision and leadership to the Namechecks Team Leader and Case Intake Team Leader, including yearly performance evaluations, developing job descriptions, monitoring professional development, participating in hiring and coordinating leave.
- US Citizenship
- Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree in a related field preferred
- Thorough knowledge of the US Refugee Admissions Program and WRAPS database
- Minimum one year work experience in refugee resettlement, preferably at an RSC;
- Previous supervisory experience required, experience working overseas preferred
- Strong computer skills, in particular Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Access
- Strong English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to identify problems and come up with resolutions to improve processing operations
- Strong analytical skills and excellent report-generation skills with the ability to understand, process and document information for a variety of audiences.
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative in formulating training plans.
- Ability to supervise staff to ensure policies and procedures are implemented and executed in accordance with guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Ability to maintain high performance standards with attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of team in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times to represent the professional and institutional interests of Church World Service/Resettlement Support Centre Africa
- Ability to contribute to a team effort to implement the US Refugee Admissions Program in Sub-Saharan Africa.
How to apply:
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume to:
The Human Resources Manager RSC Africa
P. O. Box 14176 00800 Westlands
On the subject line, please indicate the reference code of the position, followed by your surname.
This position will remain open until filled.