Safaricom Jobs vacancies in Kenya 2012
Senior Analyst – Intelligence Systems
Reporting to the Enterprise Systems Support (ESS) Manager, the position requires a highly technical person with strong analytical skills.
The job holder’s key responsibilities will be to:
- Gather and analyze data in support of creating a strategy and vision around data storage (data warehousing, OLAP, data mining), information delivery (dashboards, portals, scorecards), and reporting;
- Proactively analyze data to identify immediate improvement opportunities;
- Participate in the design and high level modeling of data warehouse and data mart objects;
- Determine data quality standards required to support analytic and reporting needs. Develop and implements data profiling; and validation routines to support data quality standards. Identify business processes changes that will improve data quality;
- Lead cross functional teams and show an ability to translate sophisticated analytics into terminology that can be easily understood by business owners;
- Inspire , up skill and grow junior analysts in the team;
- Provide the enterprise with the data management and analytics solutions for making good decisions and expanding their own analysis capacity;
- Train business customers on data warehouse contents, access tools and techniques.
- Develop predictive models solutions for business users on all aspects of product life cycle;
- Work collaboratively with users in all business units to understand and define relevant reports and dashboards;
- Define user objectives and goals and design and lead program strategy based on nature of data, processes and needs;
- Monitor, track and understand industry trends and the factors that drive them;
- Provide benchmarking and other comparative analyses of similar companies utilizing data mining tools and other data technology tools;
- Respond to end user queries and request for support. Assists users with the creation of reports. Helps users derive actionable business insights from reports and analysis;
- Troubleshoot technical and non-technical challenges on key decision systems, BI, FMS, Dealer Manager, CRM, and RAID
- Manage system capacity and anticipate user demands on resources;
- Work closely with the IT Development teams to ensure that the requirements as documented are clearly understood and consult with the developers IT teams to validate design assumptions.;
- Ensure that recommended solutions are not sub-optimal, but fit within the overall information management structure of the enterprise;
- Draw up operational Level Agreements with the development teams to ensure deployed systems are working systems and service levels are maintained.
- Advanced degree in IT, statistics, economics or math;
- Unix Certification required;
- Proficiency in programming languages including MSSQL, PL/SQL and perl;
- Intermediate training on Database Administration essential;
- 5 + years experience with system analysis, data analysis, data modeling, master data management, ERP systems, relational database, data warehouse, and OLAP;
- Excellent skills demonstrating high proficiency in statistical analysis;
- Excellent communication skills and high profile presentations.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition