Waumini Communications Limited Jobs in Kenya 2012
Head of Marketing and Promotions
This is a key sales leadership position for the catholic owned Media houses and an established cluster of Radio stations and a countrywide newspaper.
The position will be for an initial 6 month contract with an option for renewal
The holder of the position will be tasked with formulating and implementing a Marketing Strategy for Waumini Communications Limited, its subsidiaries, newspaper and Radio brands, and the control of the marketing department to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals
Guided by the Catholic Ethics in Advertising ;
- Lead the sales team in generating new business accounts and increase revenue to the company
- Design and deliver top line revenue and meet targets as agreed with the supervisor
- Provide accurate forecast of monthly and quarterly revenue to the director and other relevant officers and formulate ways to achieve the targets
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key customers
- Identify marketing opportunities and competitor analysis with the aim to improve the marketing of the company brands and the effective promotion of increase audience and listenership of the company’s stations.
- Build a solid direct sales portfolio and develop opportunities to maximise sales by developing public relations and maintain excellent relationships with existing clients
- Identify opportunities for product promotion through social media and managing the interface of social networks
- Promote brand specific products by engaging in exhibitions, events and conferences
- Develop a thorough understanding of the local stations, markets/communities
- Develop and direct the implementation of our sales and marketing strategy.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of marketing presentations and the procurement of promotional merchandise
- Involved with the collection, analysis and interpretation of marketing data and research
- Develop and maintain the company’s website and mobile site to ensure presence in the Digital World
- Management of marketing budgets and ensuring cost effective utilization.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing , Communication, Public Relations or other Business Related Course
- At least two years’ experience in media sales or sales management
- An understanding of strategic account management, newspaper and radio ratings, media planning
- Strategic management of inventory and rates
- Ability to forecast revenue
- Must be proficient in developing plans for revenue growth
- Must be able to work well with other departments to achieve success;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others, have excellent communication skills, flexibility and assertiveness to meet goals
- Requires demonstrated strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Kenya Episcopal Conference – Catholic Secretariat
P.O. Box 13475-00800