Adeso Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2012
Closing date: 10 Sep 2012
Adeso, formerly known as Horn Relief, is an expanding and vibrant African based international development and humanitarian organization.
For the past 20 years we have strengthened rural livelihoods through environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future.
Adeso is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
Adeso has been awarded a grant to conduct a series of cash transfer trainings in Africa including in Francophone Africa.
The overall objective of the consultancy is to enhance the facilitation/training capacity of Adeso’s French trainers.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
The specific objectives of this consultancy are:
- To support delivery of a 5 day Cash-based programming training in one or more of the proposed locations.
- To offer Adeso’s French trainers the skills, attitudes and knowledge necessary to deliver high quality facilitation for the duration of each training.
- Provide a brief report on the training outcomes, participant reviews and facilitation skills of each trainer.
- Extensive experience of development learning and development materials, particularly facilitating workshops and conferences of adult audiences, and particularly a mixed group of lay and technical experts.
- Preferably an academic background in development with experience working in French-speaking nations or with French speakers.
- Experience of working with international NGOs and/or international donors in humanitarian development contexts
- Experience and/or knowledge of cash-based response in emergencies.
- Fluency in English and French a MUST.
- Excellent report writing, editing and proofing skills.
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional.
Each application should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager and include the following;
- An updated CV
- An application letter which should include remuneration requirements
- Contact information for three work-related referees
- Availability in the periods between October 15th 2012 and February 28th 2013