Jobs at One Acre Fund (KShs 15K – 17K) in Bungoma Western Kenya 2012
Industry: Nonprofit / International Development / Agriculture
Function: Human Resource
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Title: Payroll Assistant
Starting Salary: Ksh 15,000/ – to 17,000/-
Job Location: Rural Kenya
Commitment:Long Term Career PositionOrganization Description
One Acre Fund is a non-profit operating in Kenya, Rwanda, and Burundi that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to grow their way out of poverty.
One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent increase in farm income.
We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access.
Our program has demonstrated impact – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre.
We are growing quickly. In six years, we have grown to serve 135,000 farm families with more than 1,000 full-time field staff.Job Description
We are seeking individuals to take up position in the organization as Payroll Assistant.
The Payroll Assistant will be a member of the Human Resources team and will be responsible for processing all employee new hires, separations, and changes into One Acre Fund’s payroll systems, and handling and processing of all benefit related transactions of the same.
One Acre Fund is looking for experienced, talented and candidates who are committed to making a difference in farmers’ lives.Primary Duties of a Payroll Assistant
Reporting to the HR Manager, the Payroll Assistant will:
- Manage the OAF Payroll systems, updating data to reflect new hires, terminations, changes in employment terms and benefits eligibility
- Ensure that staff receive payroll on or before agreed upon dates
- Ensure that tax reports are correct and accurately reflect payroll data.
- Prepare and remit staff statutory payments on time every month
- Administer staff benefits and insuarance related programs
- Respond timely to employee inquiries regarding payroll and benefits
- Prepare payroll related journals entries for posting by finance team
- Reconcile payroll reports to general ledger quarterly
- Keep staff records up to date, and record changes to employees’ details, such as address or tax code changes
- Be responsible for relevant legislation compliance.
Career Growth and Development One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills.
We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and through regular career reviews.
We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about.Qualifications
- A minimum of a Diploma, preferably Human Resources/ Business Management and/ or related relevant academic qualifications.
- At least two years of experience in Accounting and/or Payroll Administration, preferably with local or international NGOs
- Proven organizational, analytical, negotiating, communication (oral and written) and record keeping skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to meet strict deadlines
- Knowledge and skills on data management and reporting
- Must be computer proficient
- Good customer service skills
- Honest, reliable and able to keep information discrete
- Able to work under pressure
- Accurate with an eye for details
The candidate must be willing to reside in Bungoma, Western region of Kenya
Preferred Start Date: Beginning of October 2012
Compensation: Competitive Salary with Performance Based Incentives
Benefits: NSSF and NHIF, airtime and transportation allowances
Career development: Twice annual career reviews and constant feedback. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
One Acre Fund Kenya is an equal opportunity employer; both women and men are invited to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.To Apply
Email cover letter and resume to Kenyajobs@oneacrefund.org (Subject line: Payroll Assistant +Place you heard the position)