Internship Vacancy at Saferworld (Monthly Stipend of KShs 25K) Jobs in Nairobi Kenya 2012
Job Title: Fundraising Intern
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reporting to: Regional Funding Manager for Africa
Key Relationships: Funding team, Head of Kenya and Horn of Africa Programme, Head of S Sudan and the Great Lakes, Finance team, Operations team
Payment: A monthly stipend of KShs 25,000/=
Saferworld is an independent non-governmental organisation that works to prevent and reduce violence conflict and promote co-operative approaches to security.
We work with governments, international organisations and civil society to encourage and support effective policies and practices through advocacy, research and policy development and through supporting the actions of others. Saferworld has programmes in Africa, Asia and Europe.
As many graduates discover, salaried opportunities are limited, especially in the non-governmental sector, without work experience.
Our funding internship offers the opportunity for individuals to gain excellent work experience, considerably increasing employment potential, while helping Saferworld combat the root causes of international conflict.
This internship will work with the Funding Team to support the delivery of key fundraising objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Research funding opportunities from Government and Multilateral donors, Trusts and Foundations, individuals and key grant giving organisations.
- Assist in the development of communication materials for donors profiling Saferworld’s programmes within the region
- Assist in the development of successful fundraising proposals by coordinating meetings with key stakeholders, compiling relevant supporting documentation, drafting and proofing proposals as required. Ensure donors’ deadlines for applications are met.
- Budgeting: Work with geographic teams and Finance to assist in the development of appropriate budgets for a variety of donors
- Report effectively to donors: Assist in maintaining good administrative relationships with new and existing donors. Support project teams and the Funding team to prepare timely and accurate narrative and financial reports.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records of funding applications and their outcomes. Maintain an accurate database of current and prospective donors and develop donor profiles. Develop an effective filing system for donor related information within the region.
- A Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in the third sector would be an advantage. Relevant coursework is highly desirable.
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Good planning and organizational skills and efficient work methods
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, organize workload, meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate well, including written and verbal English.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office, (Outlook, Access and Excel).
- Strong interest in working for an international non-government organisation and sympathetic to the issues on which Saferworld works.
Terms and Conditions
Probation: There will be a probationary period of one month.
Contract: Minimum of 6 months
Holidays: 25 days per year (Jan-Dec) pro-rata
Payment: A monthly stipend of KSH 25,000/=
Hours: Standard working week is 37.5 hours a week (5 full days).
Desired Applicants: Kenyan nationals
To apply send full CV and covering letter, stating the position being applied for (please use subject heading FI-NRB) and outlining relevant experience to: Marie Aziz, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications 4th October 2012
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information about Saferworld please visit http://www.saferworld.org.uk