Jobs Vacancy at Jacaranda Maternity in Ruiru Kenya 2012
Jacaranda Health is seeking an experienced Clinical Leader to provide leadership at our Ruiru maternity facility to achieve departmental and institutional objectives within a rapidly changing environment. This person will apply advanced knowledge of nursing and management to manage systems of patient care, personnel development, financial and clinical operations, performance improvement, and program development.
The successful candidate will have deep experience in maternal and child health, and a strong commitment to providing friendly and respectful care to all women. Along with their management duties, the Clinical Leader will have the opportunity to work with new technologies and quality improvement techniques, and work with clinicians and advisors at the forefront of maternal health. It is an excellent opportunity to receive mentorship in clinical management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates patient care delivery.
- Maintains environmental safety.
- Maintains orderly flow of admissions and discharges.
- Coordinates activities and interacts effectively with other departments to manage the patient care environment
- Ensure clinical and operational protocols are consistently followed
- Implement quality improvement processes
- Conduct daily rounds with patients
- Support the overall strategic goals of the organization and the Nursing Department
- Assesses patient care needs and monitors patient satisfaction.
- Addresses and resolves patient complaints in timely manner
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Collaborates with other clinical and organizational leaders to promote professional development of nursing staff
- Evaluates staff performance on an ongoing basis and completes staff performance appraisals in a timely manner
- BSN or Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred
- Should be registered as a Kenya Certified Nurse Midwife / Kenya Community Health Registered Nurse
- At least five years’ clinical nursing experience
- At least two years’ experience in nursing leadership / supervisory role (including Charge Nurse) or management role
- Experience working in a busy maternity, including experience handling complications during normal delivery
- Depending on the needs of the organization, some incumbents in this job class may be required to obtain additional certifications or training in one or more specialty areas. Must be BLS Certified, ACLS, PALS desired
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and empathy
- A commitment to providing world-class care, and the curiosity and commitment to excellence needed for continuous quality improvement
- Excellent analytical reasoning skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to manage teams effectively in a culturally diverse environment
- A good understanding of community dynamics.Knowledge and familiarity with low-income urban areas of Nairobi will be an added advantage.
Only applicants that have completed the online form as well as submitted their CV will be considered.