Marie Stopes Job Vacancy in Nairobi Kenya September 2012
Role: Manager Social Marketing
Reports To: Director of Development
Liaises With: Marketing Department, Projects Department and other team members.
Duty Station: Support Office, Nairobi with constant travel to the field sites.
Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned market.
Staffs and directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values.
Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for clients and Medical detailers.
Works with staff colleagues and Country Management Team to ensure cost control.
- Develops a business strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Identifies business opportunities for the rapid expansion of product distribution to ensure sustained achievements of expectations as outlined in the business plan.
- Responsible for development and implementation of marketing plan, including strategic planning, logo and packaging design and development of customer and provider IEC materials.
- Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
- Directly manages sales team devoted to the related products to ensure achievement of organizational goals.
- Works with the global marketing team to prepare appropriate messaging on products.
- Provides product training to the sales team and to prospective providers or clients (with the support of clinical staff, Integrated Marketing Team and partners in training material development).
- Works within the country program to expand the pharmaceutical product portfolio.
- Plans and liaises with international procurement to ensure timely and consistent supply of products.
- Attends and makes presentations on behalf of Marie Stopes Kenya related to the program at major workshops.
- Technical support in Reproductive Health products distribution project design in partnership with Marie Stopes Kenya Country Management Team for new donor opportunities.
- Establishes useful linkages with all stakeholders in order to move the agenda on reducing unsafe and other maternal health complications.
Internal / External Cooperation
- Ensures that all Sales teams meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
- Delegates authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up.
- Sets examples for sales team in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
- Conducts regular coaching and counseling with sales team to build motivation and selling skills.
- Maintains contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Bachelors of Science degree
- Post graduate qualification e.g. MBA preferred.
- 5 years of experience in Pharmaceutical sales with at least 2 years in pharmaceutical sales management.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of pharmaceutical distributor Relationship Management.
- Experience within the reproductive health sector highly preferable.
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CVs with contact details of 3 referees (2 immediate former supervisors) should be submitted to:
People and Development Dept
Marie Stopes Kenya
Marie Stopes Kenya
On or before 21st September, 2012
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject as ‘Manager Social Marketing’
Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity Employer