Hotel Sales Manager Jobs in Kenya 2012
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three years of general sales experience
- Hotel sales experience preferred.
- General computer knowledge is also required.
- Daily interaction with hotel staff, customers and business prospects in person and on the telephone, so good verbal and written communication skills are also required.
- Hotel sales responsibilities include selling guestrooms, meeting space and other hotel services to customer groups.
- Conducting site inspections with prospective customers, as well as soliciting and generating new business.
- During the sales process, responsibility for negotiating contracts, pricing, credit terms, warranties and delivery dates.
Preparation and presentation of proposals, maintaining well-organized documentation and reports, attending and participating in various sales and hotel staff meetings, and coordinating customer-service requests as needed.
Researching New Accounts
- Research is essential to bringing in new business for HDMC. The Sales Managerwill spend part of his ( her ) time researching and identifying accounts.
- Other types of accounts can include weddings and receptions, local corporate training groups or local events, such as a sports tournament.
- The Sales Manager stays abreast of the events happening in Kigali and pounce on those opportunities.
- Every function should ultimately lead to “closing” or securing sales for HDMC.
- Identifying and courting customers, selling the benefits and amenities of HDMC and following up with the customer are all actions that help close sales.
- Intimate knowledge of HDMC and its place among local and regional competitors is required to close sales.
- Tasked with keeping clients happy and managing accounts.
- Besides ensuring that the event is completed successfully, this can also include negotiating prices and rewarding customers for loyalty and/or accepting feedback to help make the next year’s event even more successful.
- The hotel Sales Manager supports the Marketing Manager of the hotel by creating pricing specials to encourage new client growth.
- To ensure repeat business, follow up with each client to ensure a good experience was had.
- Work to set dates for the next convention or event with the client as soon as possible.
- To use viral marketing techniques to drive new business. This is by utilizing the emails captured through HDMC’s website and using social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter to gather new clients.
- Not a 9-to-5 job.
- Evening and weekend meetings and events are often required.
Please submit a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) to the following email address on or before Friday 28th September 2012, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. : firstname.lastname@example.org