Adeso ICT Support Services Manager Jobs in Kenya 2012
For the past 20 years we have strengthened rural livelihoods through environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future.
Adeso is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
ICT Support Services Team Management
- Provide recommendations and manage adequate staffing of the ICT Support Services Team.
- Manage efficient performance of the ICT Department staff through implementation of the Performance Monitoring Framework, including regular setting of the work objectives, performance reviews and appraisals.
- Lead, motivate and develop the capability of the ICT Support Services Team to achieve and potentially exceed the agreed work objectives.
- Manage delegation of duties and responsibilities of the ICT Support Services Team.
- Prepare and update a work-plan for the delivery and ongoing development of the Adeso’s ICT function.
- Manage day to day activities of the ICT Support Services Team, including planning, scheduling, allocation, and progress monitoring of daily activities, aimed towards achieving their work objectives.
- Manage ICT Support Services Team administrative tasks, such as staff attendance, timesheets, leave/travel planning and authorizations.
- Provide recommendations and manage training and other competence development initiatives for the ICT Support Services Team.
- Provide recommendations and manage corrective measures and disciplinary actions for the ICT Support Services Team.
- Power supply and uninterrupted power supply (UPS) systems, Local Area Network, Servers hardware and software, Workstations hardware and software, Printers / Scanners / Copiers, Internet connectivity equipment, Communication equipment and any software required for the utilization and sharing of this equipment.
- Special Software Systems such as: Files backup software, including server and workstations files backup, archiving, recovery and off-site files backup, system recovery tools for servers and workstations. E-mail systems, Web applications Internet/ Intranet systems, On-line (cloud) collaboration tools and applications, Business Applications and other Management Information Systems with associated Database systems, other software systems for special purposes.
- Tools, cleaning equipment and other ICT related accessories (i.e. external disks, flash disks, digital cameras, GPS devices, etc).
Manage and ensure efficient operation of the ICT Administration functions, including the management of various user accounts and security groups’ permissions and access rights, ICT Assets Management, Perpetual Billing and Replenishment of ICT related consumables, shared Contacts and Calendar management.
Manage and ensure efficient ICT related capacity development of Adeso staff, through providing technical support, guidance and trainings related to subjects such as the basic ICT competence/skills, advanced office proficiency tools use, special software and information management systems use, ICT Policies, operational procedures and guidelines on proper use of the ICT resources. Also perform ICT Induction for new Adeso staff. Where required, and in conjunction with the ICT Development Manager, provide training and support the facilitation of workshops for systems in development.
Provide support to the Logistics function in ICT related procurement tasks, such as:
- Provide recommendations on hardware and software specifications
- Identify and assess capacity/quality of local suppliers and service providers
- Obtain quotations related to local ICT Infrastructure procurement
- Follow-up with local suppliers/service providers on delivery of purchased ICT goods/services
Skills and Qualifications
- Advanced University degree in an ICT related discipline.
- Minimum 7 years relevant (ICT related) working experience, minimum 5 years in a managerial position.
- Excellent inter-personal and general communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Professional (CCNP)
- Cyberoam Certified Network & Security Professional (CCNSP) or Expert (CCNSE)
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, CTP+, CTT+
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional.
- An updated CV; and
- An application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact information for three work-related referees.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Adeso is an equal opportunity employer