Vodacom-Process and Quality Management Principal Specialist-Jobs in Dar es Salaam Tanzania 2012
Job Title:Principal Specialist – Process and Quality Management
Job Grade & Level:
Hiring Line Manager:
Executive Head of Capability Development
Advert release date:
03 October 2012
No. of Positions Available:
This position is responsible for leading the Continuous Improvement initiatives within the Enterprise Business Unit (EBU). This position will provide leadership, planning, technical direction and communication to ensure the required delivery of high quality outputs to meet customer needs in the most cost effective manner.
Key Accountabilities / Objectives:
Impact on the business
• To provide input into strategic initiatives and projects around architectural optimisations
• To carry out investigations and research on customer and business impact analysis for EBU requirements
• To investigate and evaluate process improvement projects to ensure alignment with the overall EBU strategy and business architecture.
• To drives continuous improvement of quantitative and qualitative factors that will improve costs, quality and service.
• Provide strategic leadership, direction, and tactical planning for the EBU. This will be attained by partnering with the Vodacom academy on broader training plans and processes.
• Train and educate the EBU organization and implement continuous improvement methodologies including but not limited to 6 Sigma, 5S, Lean and others.
Process and Quality Responsibility
• Lead channel development initiatives for key segments
• Ensure channel readiness for key products, services and initiatives from a process and quality perspective
• To ensure governance frameworks for business process and quality are adhered to.
• To ensure the successful rollout and implementation of key deliverables
• Direct and manage the resolution of highly complex challenges within the Enterprise eco-system
• Responsible for overseeing and coordinating the implementation and maintenance of processes and activities throughout the EBU structure.
• Strong understanding of business process through end-to-end of the value chain.
• Strong interaction between the business road map architecture, system capabilities and service level management team.
• Where required this role will apply modelling techniques to anticipate the impact of future deployments on current infrastructures. The outcomes of the analysis and modelling processes are compiled into Infrastructure Growth Plans, which will serve to inform future IT strategies and budgets.
• Produce plans and policies in line with EBU business planning cycles; identifying requirements early enough to accommodate procurement and approval lead times.
• Provide regular management reports which include current usage of resources, trends and forecasts
• Ensure operational gaps are recognized and appropriate corrective actions are identified and progressed on a timely basis.
• Organize and maintain a quarterly audit of process, quality and governance by initiating and coordinate actions required to maintain or improve EBU performance.
• Model impacts of changes in business volumes and new technologies to predict needed process, quality and governance changes.
• Provide a range of reports to ensure that agreed levels of SLA’s and performance are measured and monitored on an on-going basis
• Participate in change control meetings to assess and authorize changes from an EBU process, quality and governance perspective.
• Provide short to long term trend analysis on industry standards in this function.
• Research of trends on new technologies with recommendations on process improvements and governance.
• Knowledge of OSS and BSS
• Project Management
• Planning & Organising
• Stakeholder Relationship
• GSM general knowledge
• In depth understanding of theories and practices in all aspects of system management
• Broad and comprehensive understanding of the Telco and ICT market
• MS Office
Job Related Skills:
• Analytical Skills
• Co-ordinating Skills
• Negotiation Skills
• Prioritising Skills
• Planning Skills
• Well-honed ability to facilitate communication and problem solving between different parties
• Ability to converse with clarity and impact on all levels
• Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
• Interpersonal Skills
• Matric (Essential)
• 3 year relevant Degree/Diploma in Business Management, Bcom (Essential)
• Postgraduate Qualification (Desirable)
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in Business Management (Essential)
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
How to apply;