Plan International Recruits Sponsorship Coordinator Jobs in Bondo Kenya 2012
(Based in Bondo)
Plan is an international humanitarian child centered community development organization, without religious, political or government affiliation.
Plan is committed to protecting and promoting child rights and to improving the lives and futures of poor children, their families and communities through a child-centered community development approach.
Plan International (in Kenya) is recruiting the position of Sponsorship Coordinator Based in Bondo PU.
The post holder ensures coordination of production and processing of communications, meets the corporate requirements of Plan International at PU level for sustained Sponsorship activities and continuous resource mobilization for the Country’s Strategic Plan (CSP).
The position reports to the Program Unit Manager with direct supervision of Community Development Facilitators (CDFs) and Data Entry Clerks (DECs).
S/he will oversee the quality production of sponsorship work and closely work with communities, CBOs and volunteers to ensure achievement of Plan’s sponsorship objectives for programme funding.
- Work in close collaboration and coordination with the PU Management Team to ensure the sponsorship team is well managed and highly performing
- Through sustained quality communications from Communities to the sponsors, ensure that the PU Long-term Plans has a sustainable funding base for its programs
- Supervision and coaching of the CDFs and DECs to ensure compliance with corporate systems, policies and procedures as per the Sponsorship Book.
- Provide visionary leadership, coaching for results and support to CDFs and DECs in the achievement of their targets as well as in their individual development and performance.
- Build and oversee Plan accountability to the CBOs with particular attention to sponsorship quality and timely production of documents and the effective participation of children in Sponsorship and other Plan processes.
- Coordinate the implementation of the community managed sponsorship model to comply with Plan international, Child centred community development approach.
- Coordinate sponsor visits at the PU to ensure National office and Child protection interests are fully observed.
- Undertake performance management for the CDFs and DECs to ensure Sponsorship targets at PU level are met.
- Ensure existence of controls for proper risk management in sponsorship
Communications and Working Relationships
Effective working relationships within Plan are essential, including with National Offices (regarding NO/PU enquiries) the Country Office, CBOs and with Program Unit Management Team and direct reports in the PU.
To maximize overall impact through the contributions of others, the post holder will be required to initiate, develop and maintain a range of working relationships, including with government counterparts, CBOs, volunteers, and other Sponsorship oriented organizations in the Plan operation area.
Educational Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences
- Diploma in Community Development
- 3- 5 years’ experience in sponsorship and community development preferably in an NGO
- Experience in Community Development
- Ability to mentor , coach and manage team performance
- Effective communication and Facilitation skills
- Demonstrable knowledge in use of basic computer applications is mandatory.
- Fluent in written & oral English and Kiswahili
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Riding skills desirable
Plan Kenya is a development organization uniting people to advance the rights of all children.
Accordingly, employment is subject to our child protection standards including appropriate background checks and adherence to our Child Protection Policy.
If you meet the requirements of the above position, please apply online through; http://plan-international-kenya.org/jobs/ .
In case of difficulty, you may contact the telephone numbers provided on our website.
The closing date of applications is 30th November, 2012.
This vacancy is open to nationals only.
You are invited to read more about Plan in our website www.plan-international.org.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be contacted.