Job vacancy in Mogadishu, Somalia at CESVI Child Protection Program Officer-2012
- Works with the community to provide appropriate support services for child survivors of abuse through training and strengthening of referral mechanisms
- Uses participatory methodology within the community to create awareness messages and peer education groups to promote behavior change towards issues of child protection
- Creates and supports already existing child friendly spaces
- Responds to emergencies in Somaliland, Puntland and South Central Somalia
- Uses monitoring and evaluation tools to ensure that services and programming for children and children who are survivors of abuse are appropriate, timely and that the guiding principles of case management are adhered to
Job Description: Child Protection Program Officer
The overall objective of this position is to support the implementation of the child protection program in South Central Somalia.
They will have some knowledge of child protection response and will already know or have worked with key child protection actors in Somalia.
They will not only believe in the rights of children, but also have an interest in promoting the rights of girls and women and human rights in general.
S/he will be a proven team player and will be supported by an experienced child protection team.
- Training and mentoring child protection peer educators
- Supporting the drafting, finalisation, printing and distribution of the Child Protection/GBV SOPs are drafted, finalised, printed and distributed
- Attending Child Protection Working Group meetings and reporting pertinent information to the Regional Protection Technical Advisor
- Will take part in the Child Protection Emergency response team and travel to emergencies as and when necessary in Somaliland, Puntland and South-Central
- Create a team of community case manager volunteers
- Use his/her knowledge and background as a social worker to train and mentor social workers working with children
- Ensuring accurate data collection, reporting and analysis from project activities
- Producing periodic official reports according to project deadlines and donor-related requests, to be submitted to their supervisor for approval
- Supervise administration, accounting, procurement issues relating to the project
- Carry-out any other duties and/or responsibilities assigned by the Program Manager
- 1 year of experience working with an NGO on Child Protection issues
- Experience in capacity building, training and skills building
- Experience in using participatory learning activities as a facilitator
- Willingness to travel to remote areas of Somalia when necessary
- Very enthusiastic and able to work long hours to achieve the objectives of the programme
- Diplomatic and an effective communicator at all levels
- Ability to work in an international or multicultural environment
- Good IT skills (Windows, Office package and internet)
- Experience in managing finances
- Fluency in English (verbal and written)
- Previous experience working in South Central Somalia
- Spoken and written Somali language
- WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Persons qualified for this position are invited to submit their CV (including 3 referees) and COVER LETTER to CESVI to the e-mail address email@example.com
Subject line must include: Child Protection Program Officer (South Central Somalia)
Closing date for applications is 12th December, 2012
However, Cesvi reserves the right to close the vacancy before the above mentioned date in case a large number of applications is received.