Program Design Director Job Vacancy in Kenya at African Wildlife Foundation (AWF)-2012
For more than 50 years, the African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) has been a key player in African conservation and sustainable development.
The successful candidate will have;
- Top class postgraduate (MBA, MSc or PhD) qualification required in relevant field e.g. economics, business management, conservation, natural resource management, rural/agricultural development, climate change.
- At least 10 years relevant experience of working at a responsible level in conservation, with direct experience of fundraising at scale for conservation in Africa.
- Demonstrable experience of operating at strategic management level in conservation organizations.
- Demonstrable experiencing of engaging in high level stakeholder consultation with regards to conservation in Africa, including donor presentations and policy dialogue.
- Proven leadership and management skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide group of partners, including proactive sharing of information and reporting;
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate and manage organizational relationships
- Have the ability to conceptualize and write project documents including concept notes, proposals, work plans, log frames, budgets, and reports
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Fluency in English essential; fluency in French a strong advantage.
If you are interested in this position, please send a cover letter and your detailed CV indicating daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees with subject ”PDD”, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information on the position and AWF, please visit www.awf.org/jobs