Chemonics Recruits Staple Food Specialist Jobs in Dar es Salaam Tanzania 2012
Job Title:Staple Food Specialist, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Closing Date:30 Nov 2012
Chemonics seeks a staple food specialist for an anticipated five-year, DFID-funded East and Southern Africa project, to be based in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, and operated throughout the region. The project aims to increase the number of individuals benefiting from participation in national and cross-border staple value chains by increasing agricultural trade and marketing of staple foods. The staple foods specialist will contribute to project strategies and provide technical expertise on staple foods market systems development. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Master’s degree in agronomy, agricultural economics, political economy, or other relevant field required
- Advanced experience with regional staple crop market systems in East and Southern Africa
- Knowledge of structured trading systems and current private and public initiatives to improve market structures in East and Southern Africa
- Established networks with regional organizations and firms (private sector, civil society organizations, government bodies, academic and research institutes, etc.) working to address agricultural market system failures in East and Southern Africa
- Private sector experience in staple food trade and/or transport
- Experience conducting value chain analyses for staple foods
- Technical expertise in one or more staple foods required
- Experience working on past DFID rural and agriculture development projects strongly preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent English required
How to apply:
Send your resume (including references), cover letter, and contact information in electronic submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 5, 2012. Please include the name of the position in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only “Staple food specialist” in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/br4ky2w