Registered Civil Engineer Job Opportunity in Kenya 2012
Our client is a construction company based in Kenya devoted to high-end, low-end residential construction and civil engineering in select geographical locations, and it seeks to recruit a Registered Civil Engineer to join its professional staff.
- Plan and provide overall supervision of the companies projects
- Provide plans, layouts and designs for proposed maintenance works and for new projects.
- Prepare project cost estimates for budgeting and building purposes.
- Prepare works specifications bills of quantities for tendering and for work execution purposes.
- Prepare Tender documentation and contract administration.
- Post construction evaluation of works, commissioning and hand-over.
- Liaison with the relevant local authorities and ministry responsible for land matters for approval of building plans, and other zone development proposals of the company
- Any other duties allocated to him /her from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized university or institution.
- Must be a registered engineer with the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya.
- Have broad based work experience of 7 years in civil and structural works.
- Experience in developing bills of quantities, cost estimates and specifications.
- Must be conversant with regulations and by-laws of the local authorities.
- Have knowledge of tender and contract documentation and administration.
- Have knowledge of relevant computer applications.
- Be a focused and self driven individual with attention to detail, and capable of working with minimum supervision.
- Entrepreneurial and business minded individual
- A team player.
- Possession of a masters degree in Engineering of an MBA will be an added advantage
Corporate Staffing Services Ltd
3rd Floor, Nabui House, Westlands
N.B. We do not charge any fee for interviews and neither for having your CV in our database