Life Business Manager Job Vacancy in Juba at UAP Holdings Limited 2012
UAP Holdings Limited is a pan-African Financial Services Group with interest in Insurance, Investment Management, Property Development and Investments, Securities Brokerage and Financial Advisory.
Currently, UAP Group has business operations in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan and Rwanda, which are market leaders in their respective fields, and will be entering the Tanzania and Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) markets before the end of the year.
UAP Insurance is registered and licensed to transact General and Life Insurance business in South Sudan.
The Company is rapidly expanding its business volumes, market share and other significant attributes.
UAP would like to recruit experienced, innovative and high performing professional, qualified South Sudanese Nationals for the following role:
Life Business Manager
Reporting to the Managing Director, this position will be charged with developing the business and profitably managing its activities in a manner that ensures maximum availability and demand for the Company’s products as well as sustainable, profitable business operations.
Key tasks will include:
- Develop and manage the strategic plan for the Life business.
- Increase UAP’s exposure to the S. Sudan/East African market in line with the business plan.
- Position UAP as a recognized competition in the Life Insurance market.
- Take control of underwriting and pricing process, including maintenance of the underwriting and pricing guidelines.
- Grow premium income in line with the business plan and ROE expectations.
- Develop and expand financial controls in the Life Business.
- Develop service standards to monitor effectiveness of the Life business.
- Develop a keen understanding of the market’s requirements (real and potential) for life products as well as the barriers to uptake.
- Lead in the development of suitable products and market these aggressively.
- Build and maintain strong business relationships with clients and monitor their needs and those of the market to identify growth opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for building relationships with banks and other financial institutions for selling of life products.
- Prepare timely periodic reports to the Board.
- Recruit, develop and retain key staff to support the business strategy.
Experience, Qualifications and Competencies:
The ideal candidate should possess the following academic and professional qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant disciplíne, preferably actuarial sciences, MBA degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years working experience of which at least 2years must have been in the Life Insurance Industry in a senior position.
- Strategic and business planning skills
- Leadership skills with strong intellect and vision as well as a proven record of honesty and integrity.
UAP is an equal opportunity employer and offers successful candidates an attractive remuneration package, professional working environment and excellent career prospects.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are requested to submit a cover application letter, Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, and names and contacts of 3 referees by hard copy mail to: Managing Director, UAP Insurance Sudan Limited ,UAP Plaza, Opposite AI-Sabah Childrens Hospital, Juba or via email to: ¡firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the role in the header ofthe email.
All Applications should be sent on or before 1 4 December 2012.