Inoorero University Job opportunity in Kenya 2012
Inoorero University wishes to recruit mature, committed and self driven individual for the following position:
Manager – Regional Center for Enterprise Development (RCED)
Overall Purpose of the position
Provide overall strategic leadership and management of RCED in line with it’s enterprise development mandate to achieve both the Centre’s and Inoorero University (IU) goals and objectives.
- Implementation and execution of RCED’s strategic plan to achieve the centre’s goals and objectives.
- Manage, monitor & evaluate RCED’s running programmes and projects to ensure their success
- Review and update RCED’s systems and procedures for effective operations ensuring they are in line with IU’s overall policies and guidelines.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of RCED and coordinate with other departmental heads as required
- Generate and develop new projects and programmes for RCED in line with its mandate.
- Staff management including development and appraisal
- Partnerships and strategic alliances building both locally and globally to develop new opportunities that either generate revenue or grow RCED via synergies
- Budgeting and budgetary control.
- Actively promote and market RCED’s initiatives and programmes for revenue generation.
- Represent RCED in the various IU management committees
- Serve as secretary to the RCED Advisory Board
- At least five years in project management and/or Entrepreneurship development
- Industry experience is a distinct advantage.
- Strategic mindset and ability to put emerging issues in the context of the University mission, vision
- Ability to conceptualize, design, develop and undertake structured evaluation and review of projects and programme
- Good report and proposal writing skills
- Public speaking/presentation skills
- Effective problem solving
- Ability to continuously monitor and acquire knowledge/market intelligence on relevant industry trends, developments and opportunities
- Excellent leadership, coordination, planning and organizational skills
- Proactive, with good interpersonal, networking, negotiation and collaborative skills
- IT proficiency.
You may apply by emailing your application letter, including your current and expected remuneration, and CV to email@example.com by 15 December 2012.
IU is an equal opportunity employer.