Investing in Children and their Societies (ICS) New Job in Kenya 2012
Investing in Children and their Societies (ICS) is an International organization established in the 1980s currently with offices and initiatives in several countries in Africa and Asia while the head offices are in the Netherlands.
ICS invests in innovative entrepreneurship projects and social programmes in East Africa.
The Africa regional office is located in Nairobi, Kenya.
ICS envisages economically empowered communities and societies where people exploit resources available to them in order to increase household incomes and generate community wealth necessary to improve the quality of life.
To do this, ICS together with local communities invests in development of various entrepreneurial initiatives to improve agricultural value chains in order to improve efficiency at production, value addition, processing and marketing. Investments in entrepreneurship are then integrated with targeted social programmes on child protection and skillful parenting to create sustainable changes in the lives of children and their societies.
About the position
To support our social initiatives in Kenya and Tanzania, we are looking for a Business Development Officer who will be responsible for developing the Social Business portfolio by creating, developing and monitoring social business cases and projects.
S/he works closely with colleagues in the regional/program area offices and with partner organizations in Kenya and Tanzania.
S/he will actively build and maintain relationships with external parties and support activities in the area of project management, communications, administration and fundraising.
The position will be based in Nairobi, with frequent travels to ICS programme areas.
- Formulation and development of business cases in Africa in consultation with staff and partners
- Development of business plans and proposals and support in fundraising efforts
- Initiating and maintaining relationships with relevant networks, partners and investors
- Provide support and manage specific projects/initiatives throughout the project/business cycle
- Facilitate internal and external learning and sharing on business case development and implementation
- A degree preferably in economics, agricultural economics, business administration or other relevant field.
- Experience in agricultural business development and familiarity with lending to farmers’ associations and MSEs.
- At least five years of relevant professional experience with a reputable NGO, project or private
- sector organization; Knowledge of microfinance, market development approaches, value chain development and making markets work for the poor will be an added advantage.
If you are a business minded professional with an entrepreneurial flare and a passion to make a difference in people’s lives, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Deadline for submitting applications is 12th December 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.