Islamic Relief Area Manager Job Career in Mandera Kenya 2012
Job Title: Area Manager
- To act as key Islamic Relief’s Representative in the County and to manage and coordinate the effective and efficient implementation of IRW programmes.
- The Area Manager will be reporting to the CD on all aspects of the implementation of the humanitarian programme with a day to day contact and dotted line to the Head of Programmes (HoP).
- These include Project Development (Design Project proposal followed by assessment), Monitoring, Reporting and Administration. Representation of the organisation and coordination with other players is central
- Representing Islamic Relief, co-ordination and negotiation with all relevant stakeholders, such as local authorities, community leaders, representatives of NGOs and government.
- Undertake assessments and design new interventions as appropriate. Prepare scenario plans and manage assessments of emergency situations.
- Managing the operational security of the programme and staff. Keep the CD and the HoP at the Country office updated on the security situation / incidents related to the programme, including devising and implementing security and evacuation plans.
- Developing programme policies and preparing plans, budgets and resource requirements to meet planned objectives. Responsibility for all administrative aspects of the running of the project, including establishing and maintaining systems to monitor, evaluate and report on the project.
- Monitoring and controlling budget and finance issues related to the project. Ensuring narrative reporting and financial accounting as appropriate e.g. produce programme update reports for use in internal communications
- Ensuring the programme is implemented in a consultative, participative and gender sensitive way.
- Effective management of personnel associated with the project. Recruitment of local staff and management of all staff in line with IR policies.
- Identify staffing needs, undertake recruitment of staff and manage the performance and development of all direct reports, ensuring performance objectives are produced and worked to, including identification of effective delivery training and development needs.
- To be familiar with and abide by the Islamic Relief Code of Conduct and other regulatory codes.
- Five years previous experience in project management (in humanitarian work) and a proven record of effective management in a high impact emergency situation (University graduate or MSC holder is preferable).
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as a part of a team.
- Proven analytical skills and ability to think strategically.
- Fluency in English – written and verbal
- Effective IT Skills (Word & Excel).
- Financial reporting and planning skills.
- Report writing and research.
- Communication, tact and negotiation skills.
- Problem solving.
- Flexible and patient.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and ability to work in a variety of cultural contexts.
- Sympathetic with aims & objectives of Islamic Relief; empathy with and under
Send in your updated CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: CVs will be screened on an ongoing basis and Interviews will be conducted in Nairobi office,only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.