Ripples International Clinical Officer Latest Jobs in Meru Kenya 2012
Position: Clinical Officer
Ref No: RI/CO/2012
Closing Date: 10 Dec 2012Ripples International (RI) is a registered, Christian organization.
Our mission is to serve children through community focused initiatives in partnership with stakeholders as inspired by the teaching of Jesus Christ.We hereby seek to recruit a suitable qualified & experienced candidate to fill the position of Kenya Registered Clinical Officer.
- Assist the doctors in their examinations and treatments.
- Regularly and promptly consult with doctors
- Conduct routine immunizations, investigations, and weight assessments to children.
- Monitor health status, growth and development of children with routine evaluations.
- Administer prescribed treatments to children, including daily vitamin intake.
- Create and maintain medical records and documentation.
- Ensure the enforcement of the infection control policy.
- Participate in rendering diagnostic service to patients and give prescriptions
- Education and sensitization on Health Education.
- Participate in the coordination of training programs in the communities
- Preparing, Compiling and presenting of weekly, monthly and annual project reports
- Facilitate procurement and distribution of donations to the beneficiaries
- Maintain up-to-date (accurate) record in the clinic
- Support in the preparation and execution of departmental and organization budgets, strategic plans and work plans.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
A mature born again Christian, actively involved in the activities of a local church:-
- Must have a diploma in Clinical Medicine with at least 3 years experience and a current practicing license/registration in Kenya.
- Requires a high level of supervisory and interpersonal communication skills. Must have experience in medical record keeping and computer literate
- Must have excellent English language skills, both verbal and written.
- Preferred experience in infection control and the dietary/nutrition needs of immunodeficient/immune suppressed patients.
- Must be able to communicate and operate well with other medical professionals. Experience with HIV management is beneficial.
- Desired personal attributes include, but are not limited to: honest, ability to uphold confidentiality, self-motivated, neat and clean personally and in work space, hard-working.
- Extra training on paediatrics will be an added advantage
Interested and qualified candidates may send their application, detailed curriculum vitae, and three referees indicating salary expectation to:
Ripples International – Meru,
P.O. Box 1236-60200,
or via email:firstname.lastname@example.org the closing date.Kindly indicate the post reference number on the envelope.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.