General Manager Job recruitment in Kenya 2012
Profile & Context:
My client is a below the line advertising company specializing in Interactive Experiential Marketing.
Its products include
- Integrated Experiential Services – from small in door activations to large events
- Mobile Activations (inclusive of Roadshows)
- In Store promotions
The role of the GM for my client can be summarized as managing the Profit & Loss (P&L) of the business Unit under responsibility.
He/She has the overall responsibility for managing both the revenue and cost elements of the Business Unit’s income statement.
Key driver are in building a great breadth of the organization i.e. understanding the linkages across the business functional units and importantly developing depth in order to understand what drives the business i.e. what the core economics look like and how functional leaders lead.
Providing inspiring leadership as well as coaching that will not only see generation of innovative ideas but also ensure effective implementation of projects with the objectives of meeting our client’s stretching demands.
This will in turn contribute to the company’s overall growth.
Reporting To: The Managing Director on day to day performance and targets.
The General Manager shall also report to the Board on a half yearly basis on overal annual performance.
The General Manager reports to the Managing Director & is responsible for the overall business management of my client in the assigned operation/country.
The key areas of responsibilities are:-
- Involves both Business Development and Client Servicing Management
- Working with Business Development teams to meeting the agreed on targets
- Identifying and pitching for new business to bridge gap as necessary
- Ensuring current/existing clients are well managed and generate additional revenue from them
- Seeking innovation to provide new ideas and thereby bar competition
Leadership & Strategic Management
- Shall provide strategic leadership for the business unit
- Change Management
- Shall constantly review trends both internally and externally
- With the above anticipate, plan and manage change
- My clients Leadership
- Attend meetings or functions key to the growth of My clients Marketing
Human Resource Management
- Recruitment and Coaching staff as per my clients employment policy.
- Champion all roles and show linkage to overall performance
- Linkages and Relationships
- Identify and define relevant Linkages to success of my client
- Ensure great Inter functional as well as external linkages and relationships exist
- Performance Management
- Lead, motivate, direct and coach team reporting to you to deliver set targets
- Ensure individuals are focused on achieving team goals and take action when performance standards are not being met
- Encourage the team to make and take bold decisions, providing support and resources where necessary
- Building and growing my clients culture
- The GM will oversee the planning and direct the various aspects of Business Units Operations.
- He/She will ensure that operations run smoothly as informed by company policy and as promised to the clients
- Define excellence in execution and score its performance
- Put in place a risk and mitigation plan for each project
- Ensuring Measurement and evaluation for each project is undertaken
- Effective and Efficient running of the office
- Policies and Systems: -Ensuring company policies and systems are put in place and practiced.
- Data Management: – Ensuring company data and information is effectively managed
- Ensure all statutory obligations are met on time
- Communication: – Ensure internal systems of communication are in place, updated and with image my client. Includes Website Intranet, Monthly team debriefs
- Ensure Business Unit Management Accounts are in place and on time
- Regularly Analysis of the Business Units Financial Statements and Accounting ratios and providing a report on the same
- Regular and with depth Business Cash Projections
- Cost innovation. Managing for Value
Key Areas of Experience
- Close knowledge of BTL or ATL industry and its workings
- Well developed conceptual, strategic and analytical abilities
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Capacity to lead and manage multi disciplinary staff, through high level people management and leadership skills
- Proven high level interpersonal and communication skills including the abilities to liaise and negotiate successfully with executive management, government agencies and members of the Bar
- Capacity to provide high level advice to the Board including presentations and reports
- Financial acumen to engage in budget planning and cost control
- Ability to effectively manage operational staff within a complex regulatory environment
- Drive to ensure organizational improvement with a desire to manage change in a consultative and sensitive manner
- +3yrs in Senior Management Position
- Possession of a minimum 1st degree and a qualification in marketing, administration, business, commerce or other relevant field
Send CV to monicah.kimani@hallmarkrecruitment