Kisumu Youth Football Association (KYFA) Strategic Planning Consultant Jobs career in Kenya 2012
Request for Proposal: Strategic Planning Consultant
Kisumu Youth Football Association (KYFA) is seeking proposals for a qualified external consultant to work with the Staff and the Council to develop a comprehensive 3-year strategic plan.
Kisumu Youth Football Association (KYFA) began in 2004 when a need arose for organized competitions amongst local teams. A league competition for the Under-18 age category was formed.
In addition to running leagues, KYFA engages in numerous community development projects, including a girls’ mentorship project, a sports and advocacy programme for children with special needs, a field rehabilitation project, and most recently a school partnership linking football with water, sanitation and hygiene improvement.
KYFA began as an organization to host structured youth football matches; however, as the above activities demonstrate, it has developed into a ‘sports-for-development’ organization, using football as a tool for social change.
Kisumu Youth Football Association requests proposals from experienced individuals to plan and deliver the strategic planning session with the KYFA Council over the course of three (3) days.
The individual acting as the Strategic Planning Facilitator will be the leader of the Strategic Planning Session and will provide guidance for the development of a Business and Development Plan.
3.1 Strategic Planning Overview
The first deliverable for the successful consultant will be a detailed work plan outlining the agenda and the objectives for each day of the session.
The consultant should be well-versed with KYFA’s activities prior to the Strategic Planning Session and should be able to speak about KYFA with knowledge and confidence.
The consultant shall be the lead facilitator during the 3-day session, which shall take place in Kisumu from December 27th to 29th, 2012.
The consultant shall provide a draft Strategic Plan within ten (10) days of the strategic planning session that summarizes the discussions, action points, recommendations and conclusions.
Submissions must include, but are not limited to, the following components:
- A suggested 3-day work plan indicating the elements of work, expected outcomes, identification of who will do the work, timelines, and reporting;
- Description of the contractor’s facilitation work with other organizations, including an overview of the services and relevant experience;
- Clear evidence of an understanding of the goals and challenges of strategic planning;
- Contacts of three (3) references from previous facilitation work References should include client name, contact person, phone number, project description, and results;
- Expected remuneration and any relevant costs
P.O. Box 13- Mega City