The Allied Health Professionals Council Legal Officer (1 Vacancy) – Jobs in Uganda 2012
The Allied Health Professionals Council Is a body corporate established under the Allied Health Professionals Act Cap. 268 to Regulate, Supervise and Control the Training and Practice of the Allied Health Professionals in the Uganda.
In accordance with Section 14(1) of the above Act, Council is currently expanding its Secretariat in order to fully execute its Statutory Mandate and as a result it is looking for a suitably qualified and self motivated Ugandan to fill the vacant Post of a Legal Officer existing in its Legal and Inspectorate Division.
REF NO: AC4-17
SALARY SCALE: AC4
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Honors Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognized institution.
• Postgraduate diploma in Legal practice from LDC.
• Three (3) years experience in legal practice in a reputable organization.
• Must be an enrolled advocate of the high court of Uganda.
Integrity and confidentiality, management and supervision, oral and written communication, interpersonal relations, ability to work and produce accurate results in an environment with multiple and challenging tasks.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Legal and Inspection Manager in performing the following duties:-
• Representing Council in Courts of Law and prosecuting both civil and criminal cases.
• Provide legal advice to the council.
• Draft legal documents and contracts.
• Investigating and preparing cases for prosecution in line with court procedures and relevant laws.
• Interviewing and briefing witnesses on court/ Arbitration proceedings and practices in line with the Evidence Act and Professional Ethics.
• Preparing progress reports on cases where the council has interest
• Conducting legal audits for all divisions to ensure that all legal aspects of any decisions are fully considered
• Conduct legal research and preparing reports on any legally complex issues to ensure that the council has full information about the legal implications of any decisions.
• Draft regulations to fully operationalize the AHP Act.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
The successful applicant will serve on a three years (3) Contract renewable based on satisfactory performance.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this challenging position, submit your application together with detailed curriculum vitae giving full career details, day time telephone number, address and telephone contacts for three competent referees who are not your relatives as well as certified copies of academic /professional certificates to the address below
ALLIED HEALTH PROFESSIONALS COUNCIL, MINISTRY OF HEALTH HEADQUATERS, ROOM: C 001
PLOT 6, LOURDEL ROAD, NAKASERO, P.O.BOX 7272, KAMPALA