Engineering Quality Control Manager Jobs in Kenya 2012
Our client one of the largest construction and civil engineering companies that provides services for a wide a variety of projects, including harbors, terminals, bridges, highways, dams, nuclear and power plants, petrochemical plants, commercial building and high rise apartments is recruiting for the position of Quality Control Manager.
The QC Manager will be responsible for ensuring that AMS Quality Control, Hazmat and Health and Safety guidelines and standards are implemented and adhered to.
Establish and ensure compliance with quality standards and specifications and develop continuous improvement programs to ensure high quality project deliverables
- Ensures adequate corrective measures are implemented in cases of non-compliance to AMS QC policies and procedures and QC contractual requirements.
- Ensures the successful implementation of a Quality Control Program to ensure adherence to the following plans and associated SOPs: HEALTH AND SAFETY, HAZMAT CONTROL, QUALITY CONTROL and TRAINING.
- Ensures that all resources such as manpower, equipment and materials, are utilized effectively and efficiently.
- Performs, Manages and Monitors activities such as inspections, audits, reports to adequately identify and appropriately address quality control problems/concerns.
- Verifies the accuracy and data integrity of all QC Weekly and Monthly reports and performs reports consolidations as required.
- Conducts QC training for new QC Specialists and any other manager or party that requires QC training.
- Ensures the accurate record and effective management of company assets, tools and equipment.
- Manages and performs maintenance on company assets, tools and equipment in such a manner that it remains in a safe and operable condition.
- Provides administrative and technical direction to all quality control personnel
- Plan, coordinate and direct process and quality control programs in all facets of the project designed to ensure continuous project operation consistent with established quality standards.
- Formulate and maintain quality control objectives and coordinate the objectives with work procedures to ensure high quality output, waste minimization and cost efficiency
- Establish overall quality control procedures, including frequency of inspection, methods, items to inspect and quality standards.
- Establish program of statistical quality control and performance testing of completed project deliverables
- Devise sampling procedures and designs and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating and reporting quality and reliability data
- Ensure proper inspection and testing of all materials in all processes
- Participate in root cause analysis of faults/anomalies in the project and determine corrective action to take, in collaboration with surveying, planning, civil and mechanical engineering teams
- Participate in determining the technical specifications of project deliverables as per set requirements and ensuring they are adhered to.
- Monitor the project operations and notify the relevant departments of any technical observations that may affect the quality of output
- Benchmark project quality standards with local and international standards and practices
- Prepare and submit regular quality control reports
- Plan and organize training activities related to quality and reliability of output
Requirements & Professional Qualifications and Experience
- BSc Civil Engineering Degree
- Post-graduate qualification in Project Management
- 5 years work experience of in quality control and civil works engineering
- MS Project and AUTOCAD certification, Certification in Surveying, Environmental Geoscience or Management of Agroecosystems & Environment will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Health and Safety Management role
- Proven leadership skills in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
- Highly computer literate with a particular emphasis on MS Office and Excel.
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and details of your current and expected remuneration to email@example.com
Only qualified candidates shall be contacted.
All applicants must send scanned copies of their pay slips and testimonials as part of the application.
Note that TalentRecruit uses third party entities to verify all relevant documents that include academic and police certificates, pay-slips among others