AMREF Senior Health Programme Manager Job in Juba South Sudan 2012
AMREF South Sudan is seeking to recruit a senior Programme Manager to manage and coordinate planning, resource mobilization, implementation, supervision, monitoring and evaluation of the AMREF South Sudan Country programmes.
Stationed in Juba and reporting to the Country Director, the incumbent will play a key role in managing and expanding the Country program portfolio and ensuring sound financial, human resource, information management of all projects and act as a participating member of Country office Senior Management team.
Senior Health Programme Manager
Key Job functions
- Deputizes the country director in leading and managing the AMREF South Sudan country program
- Coordinates technical program planning, development, implementation and reporting
- Contributes to project proposal writing, review and editing
- Works with field staff to ensure that program resources are available and effectively and efficiently used
- Participates in and leads support supervision, monitoring and evaluation of activities in the states and counties of operation in collaboration with project coordinators
- Collaborate with finance staff to prepare and track the progress of project and activity budgets
- Oversees technical assistance needed to execute project work plans, which may include external consultants
- Ensure timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of program activities and results to the donors and AMREF
- Ensure compliance with AMREF operational policies and regulations
- Identify and promote opportunities for new business and sources of funding in south Sudan
- Promote and support knowledge management and sharing efforts, including operations research and advocasy initiatives
- Contribute to the development of novel knowledge management and sharing tools and processes
- Provide leadership and mentoring to Program Coordinators and field staff to assume responsibilities for developing and managing their projects at the field level
- Bachelors degree in health sciences and a masters degree in public health or related field
- 5+ years experience managing public health programs
- Strong program management and technical skills, specifically with primary health care programs in developing countries
- Knowledge of UN, multilateral, bilateral and private sector foundation donor requirements
- Demonstrated skills in the programmatic and operational coordination of program implementation
- Experience in the development of strategic and tactical plans in collaboration with others who represent a wide range of interests and needs
- Field oriented and comfortable with a team approach to programming and the ability to manage several major activities simultaneously
- Demonstrated collaborative relationship with field-based local and international donor agencies
- Strong change management, results oriented and decision making skills
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent team building and staff development, coaching and mentoring skills
- Aware of and sensitive to working in multi-cultural groups in a post conflict setting
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Ability to lead or contribute significantly to new program development and proposal writing.
- Independent programmer, capable of running program with minimum supervision and guidance
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time to the field to support project work
- Ability to represent AMREF South Sudan in various fora with senior government, UN, Multi-lateral and bilateral agencies
- Knowledge of Arabic language will be added advantage.
This position is open to South Sudanese nationals and women are strongly advised to apply.
If you are looking for growth and new challenges and have a passion for improving the Health of disadvantaged communities in Africa, you are welcome to join us.
Please quote the reference number (2012/008) and send your application and CV along with copies of your necessary credentials to HRA AMREF South Sudan at Southsudan.email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can submit directly to the office at the following address- AMREF-South Sudan Country office Opp. UN-OCHA-Juba.
Closing date: 31st Dec 2012.