Various Job Vacancy at Lutheran World Federation in Kenya 2012
Lutheran World Federation / Department for World Service Kenya Program is seeking to recruit Kenyan nationals for the following position:
Programme Officer: LWF Humanitarian Emergency Team East & Central Africa
The LWF Humanitarian Emergency Team is based in Nairobi and responsible for implementation of the LWF emergency response strategy in Eastern and Central Africa.
The team has core competences in regards to emergency response and scaling up of ongoing response, emergency preparedness, risk reduction and rapid assessment of emergencies.
It is envisaged that more than 50% of the time will be spent outside Kenya.
The Programme Officer will, under the Team Leader, be responsible to plan, implement and scale up emergency response operations through various sectors including WASH, Shelter, Camp Management and Protection.
The individual will liaise with partners, coordinate the LWF response with other actors and ensure that implementation is coordinated with the LWF country program in respective country (when applicable).
He/She is expected to play a leading role in the practical aspects of emergency response.
The Programme Officer shall have the capacity to assess/respond to emergencies in countries in the region.
The incumbent will also be involved in training of staff on emergency preparedness and response, contingency planning and rapid assessments.
- A University degree in social science including disaster management/international relations from a recognized university.
- Relevant experience and competencies
- 5 years of experience in I/NGO’s.
- Experience in conducting needs assessments and setting up new programmes in emergency setting.
- Knowledge of different sectors including WASH, Shelter, Camp Management and Protection.
- Experience in training of staff.
- Knowledge of DRR, HAP, Rights Based Approach and other humanitarian principles and approaches.
- Proven, documented practical field experience from more than one country in East and Central Africa will be an important aspect.
- All persons must be able to travel, frequently, with very short notice and be able and willing to stay out of the home base for several weeks or even months at a time.
LWF/DWS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
Applications and detailed CV must include email address and telephone contacts of 3 referees, one of whom must be your supervisor in your current/former employment.
They should reach the undersigned by close of business on 11th January, 2013:
C/O Office Administrator,
P.O. Box 40870, GPO-00100,
Or e-mail to: email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.